What's new

What was your first soap?

Started with TOBS Jermyn Street, then got some Macca root n then Saponificio Varesino 25th anniversary edition

When I started shaving I did the same thing as my father. I saved all the little miscellaneous bath and hand soap bits in my mug. It was mostly a mixture of Dove and Irish Spring which I somehow managed to make work.

My first 'real' shaving soap was Williams but it usually had odd bits of soap added to it. It wasn't until most of my children grew up and left home that I began to explore other options.

I used creams for years before I got my first soap. Pretty sure it was L'Occitane Cade. I picked it up when I was in the store with my wife. I wanted to see what all the fuss was about with soap. From there it was off to the races. I can probably count on my fingers the number of times I have used creams since then.

Believe it or not it was Burt’s Bees bay rum and I really liked it I used it with cartridge razors and the Burt’s Bees brush. I used that puck that was 2000. A couple years later after using other soaps I bought another puck of BBBR man that stuff is not so good I had learned a lot since that first puck!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

De Vergulde Hand. A local soap company. Their soap only costs about €1,50.
My first luxury soap was D.R. Harris - Arlington

Back in the 80s, Old Spice. But then grew a beard & used canned goo for 20+ years. When I came back last year, I think the first soap I bought was Proraso Green.

Top Bottom