What's new

What Tobacco Are You Trying For The First Time?

Mike H

Instagram Famous
Try leave one block out for consumption and jar the rest. I bet the one that is opened periodically will darken more than the ones in deep hibernation
I did. 1 whole block and one sliced into my use jar. The rest into storage. It will be interesting how they differ.

Sent from my LG-M255 using Tapatalk

I really want to pick up a block of this plug, but I’m really out of room! I invested in a few pounds of Nightcap and HH Syrian last year and it took up too much room.

Is nightcap unobtanium now?

Not at all. Last year there was rumor that Dunhill was discontinuing all Pipes and Tobacco. It never happened. At that time Nightcap was my favorite blend so I bought like 5#’s when it was on sale, bulk and tins.

When they said no more Syrian Lat I blindly bought a few pounds of HH Syrian.

All of those pint jars took up too much room. Between those blends LNF & LBF my McClelland stash and other stuff I’m just about out of useful room.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
I finally popped a 5 year old tin of McBarren H&H Mature Virginia, which is no longer available, not to be confused with H&H Pure Virginia, which is available. Not having had the current Pure Virginia, I can't make any comparisons. But I can say that the MV was very smooth and tasty. Prior to this, I had yet to appreciate how good an aged Virginia was, or could be. I have had a few other Virginia blends and was not all that impressed. I am very glad that I stocked up on this blend when I heard that it was being discontinued, even though I was not a fan of Virginia blends at that time. I certainly will be smoking more of this. Pics in POTD thread.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
0B5FB206-473B-4975-A617-9C151657A941.jpeg
28DFC1E5-DE25-4D43-9CAB-0B0175E1F8D4.jpeg
Just had to have a second bowl of MV

Tried 2 new tobaccos; yesterday was HH Pure Virginia and this evening was Solani Virginia Flake.
HHPV- I suspected that I would like this simply because the HH line hasn't let me down yet. This one didn't disappoint. This produced good flavor right away, and excellent flavor as I got down about 15 minutes into the smoke. I don't know if this is a characteristic of all good quality virginia-only blends, but I'm looking forward to repeating the experience soon!
Solani Virginia Flake- this is the most even keeled VaPer that I've yet smoked. I don't know if that's because of the amount of perique, the very slight topping, etc. But the smoke stayed cool & consistent from start to finish. Wonderful flavor. I'm still tasting a pleasant light sweetness 20 minutes after finishing the bowl. Is it worth approximately 3 times the price of LNF? Well, everyone will have to answer that for themselves.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
So I recently bought some bulk Lane RLP-6 and had my first bowl today. Supposedly the same as Captain Black white pouch, but without the PG. I followed it with some 5 yr old (and fairly dry) CBW, yup, tastes the same to me.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Tried 2 new tobaccos; yesterday was HH Pure Virginia and this evening was Solani Virginia Flake.
HHPV- I suspected that I would like this simply because the HH line hasn't let me down yet. This one didn't disappoint. This produced good flavor right away, and excellent flavor as I got down about 15 minutes into the smoke. I don't know if this is a characteristic of all good quality virginia-only blends, but I'm looking forward to repeating the experience soon!
Solani Virginia Flake- this is the most even keeled VaPer that I've yet smoked. I don't know if that's because of the amount of perique, the very slight topping, etc. But the smoke stayed cool & consistent from start to finish. Wonderful flavor. I'm still tasting a pleasant light sweetness 20 minutes after finishing the bowl. Is it worth approximately 3 times the price of LNF? Well, everyone will have to answer that for themselves.

I would say yes it’s worth it. Smoke LNF daily, and smoke the Solani on a special occasion.

proxy.php

No more tobacco here - I get a couple of pulls on this for my nic fix, grape during the day and a nice Butterscotch-custard for after dinner and early morning.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Just bought a pound of Lanes' HGL, allegedly the founder's favorite. Smoking it for the first time today in a Sav. Clark's Favorite. Light aromatic English blend. If you like FMC, RLP-6 or Sutliff Aromatic English, you'll probably like HGL.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
PS Luxury Bullseye Flake. My sample is fresh, so far pretty good, I look forward to smoking some with some age on it.

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
Just smoked some Germain Rich Dark Flake for the first time. I've only smoked Stonehaven in my 2016 B&B LE. Since Rich Dark Flake is supposed to be close to Stonehaven, I decided to give it a shot.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Opened my first tin of Presbyterian, only about 6 months old. Hopefully it improves with age, cause I have several tins.

Opened my first tin of Presbyterian, only about 6 months old. Hopefully it improves with age, cause I have several tins.

You’re experience sounds better than mine. I popped a tin and was greeted with dried out crispy ribbon that turned to dust when I touched it. Part of that cheap plastic they use to line the tin was stuck between the lip and the lid.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
You’re experience sounds better than mine. I popped a tin and was greeted with dried out crispy ribbon that turned to dust when I touched it. Part of that cheap plastic they use to line the tin was stuck between the lip and the lid.

Mine was moist enough, no issue there. But I was not particularly impressed, nothing bad, just kind of one dimensional and did not live up to the hype. Perhaps I'll mix it with something else.

Top Bottom