What's new

What to do with the pieces of Mitchell's?

I've finally got down with my Mitchell's Soap to the point where it was a centimeter thick and broke into four quarters. So, now what do I do? It's impossible to hold and load because the pieces are too small. Anyone know what I'm talking about and have any ideas??
Thanks!

Mitchell's makes a great hand or bath soap, or let it soften a bit and press it into the bottom of a mug and lather it, or microplane it and press it into the bottom of a mug, or use the pieces like a shave stick, really, there's lots of options.

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
Just like generations of men have done - you could press the bits of leftover soap into the bottom of a mug and lather up. I do not care for MWF so I would sqeeze the bits together to make a usable piece of soap for use in the shower, and then chuck it in the bin and buy some new shave soap 👍

Break them into even smaller pieces if possible and place in the bottom of a mug. Add a small amount of water and add other shaving soap scraps or cut off slices from Arko. Mix and then let dry. In a few days, you'll have a small puck of your very own Frankensoap.

Buy a grater at a garage or estate sale that will be just for soap. Grate the soap onto a big piece of paper. Smoosh the product of the grater into a spare Old Spice mug. Throw away piece of paper.

I will buy any Old Spice mug with no chips, cracks or crazing to the glaze for $5 or less. They multiply very fast.

GET RID OF THAT WORTHLESS CRAP RIGHT NOW!!! THROW IT OUT!!! FLUSH IT DOWN THE DRAIN THIS INSTANT!!!

If you don't, you'll end up like me.

MWF scraps.jpg

Buy a grater at a garage or estate sale that will be just for soap. Grate the soap onto a big piece of paper. Smoosh the product of the grater into a spare Old Spice mug. Throw away piece of paper.

I will buy any Old Spice mug with no chips, cracks or crazing to the glaze for $5 or less. They multiply very fast.
Shouldn't be any problem using a regular grater/microplane as long as you wash it afterwards. Now, Old Spice mugs I have never seen. And I don't think I have anywhere to find one. I don't think maybe that Old Spice is as ubiquitous as where you live.

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
I’m there, big doughnut hole, but still usable. Soon I will press the scraps into another fine Frankensoap creation that is a favourite, MWF will make it better. I will then reload the ceramic dish with the new non-tallow version of MWF and go from there. Thankfully I have another tallow puck in the wings. Actually looking forward to seeing what all the fuss is about. Good luck with your soap dilemma!

There's lots of good matches out there to use up MWF remnants. I made a good one with Haslinger Sensitive (another Haslinger flavor could work). Maybe mix in Speick or Palmolive, just depends on what you have, really.

Top Bottom