What's new

What tin/jar are you cracking?

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
I've just packed a bowl of Gawith Hoggarth Reunion Flake, which emptied another of my 120ml jars that I smoke from. These are the pouches that I dug out to refill them with.

IMG_20230505_163018.jpg

IMG_20230505_163036.jpg

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
I have three jars empty, and another two jars down to their last smoke or two... depending which pipe I use. So I had a rummage through the drawer of shiny pouches, to see what I'd be replenishing them with, and decided on these.

20230718_225642.jpg

Gawith Hoggarth Ennerdale (Jul '20)
Charatan No.1 (Apr '22)
Charatan Three Year Matured (Jan '21)
Sam Gawith Firedance (Sep '20)
Solani 660 Silver Flake (Jun '20)

Popped a tin of Haddo's Delight today.

Two, actually, but that's another story.

Last edited:
Just popped a 3.5 oz tin of Mac Baren Rustica 2021 Release. I've never smoked this blend and the reviews give me pause, but I'm forging ahead regardless. The tin note is quite nice, smokey and meaty. I'll report back if it knocks me on my heels, or not.

seabee1999

On the lookout for new chicks
Just popped a 3.5 oz tin of Mac Baren Rustica 2021 Release. I've never smoked this blend and the reviews give me pause, but I'm forging ahead regardless. The tin note is quite nice, smokey and meaty. I'll report back if it knocks me on my heels, or not.
Go slow! The sample I tried was quite moist. I got a tin a few weeks back. When revisit the blend I’ll let it dry about 30-45 min before smoking it.

This is good stuff. Powerful stuff, but good. I rubbed out 1.5 flakes and used most of it for the first smoke. Good advice @seabee1999 on proceeding slowly! There were several relights, but no real harshness. When relighting, the smoke had a dark edge to it, like a light version of burning a creosote treated post.
I enjoyed the smoke but could tell if one puffed too hard it could turn unpleasant quickly. Not an everyday smoke for me, more a special occasion smoke.

I have two tins, a Mac Baren Golden Extra recently purchased from the B & M, and one of Capstan Blue RR from Smokingpipes. Just waiting for a special occasion or a change in the weather (which here IS a special occasion) to open them.

Top Bottom