What's new

What tin/jar are you cracking?

Newbie here- finally received some of the suggested tobacco's for starting and the Captain Black White smells AMAZING! Also got the Tour of Europe pack from C&P and the Irish Whiskey is my next fav... Got a foot of snow here last night, so not sure when I'll get outside to do my smoke...but hopefully soon! Can't wait to try out these new ones!

Newbie here- finally received some of the suggested tobacco's for starting and the Captain Black White smells AMAZING! Also got the Tour of Europe pack from C&P and the Irish Whiskey is my next fav... Got a foot of snow here last night, so not sure when I'll get outside to do my smoke...but hopefully soon! Can't wait to try out these new ones!

I am a fan of Captain Black White! We do a lot of talking in here about hard to get and/or complex tobaccos. That Captain Black White is just a good easy to get tobacco that tastes real good.

Captain black white was the first tobacco product I ever tried. I do remember the smell was pretty good (smelled like something you would put in coffee :lol:) . Its very light. It bit me a little bit when new. Could have been my newbieness though. I had a tendency to pack to tight and smoke to fast. I ended up smoking about half the pouch and left the rest in a jar for a year. When I went back to it, it had mellowed considerably and was very smooth. It's not bad for the money :thumbup:

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose

I smoked Captain Black White for YEARS. Nothing wrong with it at all, and one of the better cheap aromatic tobaccos out there.

You know, I've actually never had the Capt Black White. lol I went right to Lane 1Q, and a few rebranded Sutliff aro's from the local B&M.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
You know, I've actually never had the Capt Black White.

Same here. I've been strongly attracted to English and Balkan blends from day one and never really have gotten into aromatics very much. I love how folks love them, but they just don't seem to be my speed.

Same here. I've been strongly attracted to English and Balkan blends from day one and never really have gotten into aromatics very much. I love how folks love them, but they just don't seem to be my speed.

Yeah I'm the same way...
I might do Captain Black Royal every once in a blue moon, but for the most part I'll stick with latakia blends

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I cracked open a 2012 tin of HH Old Dark Fired, yesterday, for a great smoke on a cold day.

I opened a jar of Dunhill Mixture 965. I smoked it a couple of times after first opening the tin but didn't think much of it. I can't believe what a great tobacco this turned out to be after letting it sit for 6 months. It is so good. I don't think I'll ever open a new tin of anything without having it for at least a few months.

Well I finally had my first smoke tonight, so I officially opened a big tin of FM on the bayou. It was very good , and from the hour plus smoke, this is going to last a looong time! Not sure when I'll open a different tin, just might have to learn the packing and lighting on this for a while

Even though I had 23 open tins/jars, I had a hankering, so cracked a small tin of Orlik Golden Sliced. It's really hitting the spot for sure. In other news, it maybe time to re-cellar some of the open jars and start a fresh rotation. I was trying to smoke up some of the stuff I have opened that I won't be restocking, but I'm failing a bit at that.

Even though I had 23 open tins/jars, I had a hankering, so cracked a small tin of Orlik Golden Sliced. It's really hitting the spot for sure. In other news, it maybe time to re-cellar some of the open jars and start a fresh rotation. I was trying to smoke up some of the stuff I have opened that I won't be restocking, but I'm failing a bit at that.

I've probably got a dozen jars in the "open/sample/cellar" phase. The 1792 has been down there over four years.

I've probably got a dozen jars in the "open/sample/cellar" phase. The 1792 has been down there over four years.

Yeah, I'd be happy getting it down to a dozen. lol There are a couple I should honestly just give up on and "lose" them somehow... (Purple Cow and Shandygaff, I'm looking at you..).

Yeah, I'd be happy getting it down to a dozen. lol There are a couple I should honestly just give up on and "lose" them somehow... (Purple Cow and Shandygaff, I'm looking at you..).
Hey, one man's trash is another man's treasure. One good PIF could free up a few jars.

Top Bottom