What's new

What straight did you use today? Now with PICTURES

PXL_20201226_233839572-01.jpeg

James Barlow & Sons ECHO
Gentleman's Nod Ernest (sample)
Maggard's Black and White
Hazlett's Apothecary 1888

Great lather from the Gentleman's Nod today. It seems to really like the synthetic brush. (The fact that some soaps seem to prefer synthetic is why I still have one handy.) Must say that Ernest is not my favorite scent, though I enjoyed the Jackie and the George scents.

On the morning of Christmas Day the temperatures finally had gone down below zero centigrades and thus the rain turned into snow. It continued to snow during the day and today it was a totally different sight that met me and the Cub as we took our daily walk in the forest. Since it's Christmas I decided to pick one of my most decorated razors as the razor of the week.

View attachment 1200109View attachment 1200110

Amazing! Glad you got that snow for the Christmas hike. Merry Christmas Arne

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Union Spike
WK Spice Vitae
24mm Yaqi Violet
Miller Strop
Jnat Shobu Finish
Thayers
Pinaud Clubman
20201227_075020.jpg

was compelled to revisit the Spike again this morn. Dont know how much these cost back in the day at the drugstore/barber..........but worth every penny. while a 1/4 grind, it gets micro thin at the edge. surprisingly so.

be well all.

camo

Another recent acquisition
razor: Friodur 472
Soap: Arko
Brush: Rein Dachs

Used 2 days in a row. Prior to first I went to the leather strop after the black Ark, but then last night took it through the pasted strop progression. It was good the 1st time, but still a hair better the 2nd time. No irritation afterwards. Still struggling to do a fool’s pass. But 2 in a row with no blood. Should be in the 30’s now for straight shaves.

1BA08F33-B1D2-4D5B-8129-78A72F89E525.jpeg

RAZOR: TI basic
CREAM: C&E Sienna
BRUSH: Zenith with Best Badger knot
STROP: Black beauty double sided hanging leather
AFTERSHAVE: Proraso green
20201228_103612.jpg

Beautiful shave with this very nice razor. I'm 'restoring' my new Christmas present today; same razor but with beautiful carved tyrol wood scales. It should be ready for Wednesday's shave.

Top Bottom