What's new

What straight did you use today? Now with PICTURES

Tuesday's Shave
'49er'
DSCN2074.JPG

Over the years I have bought quite a lot of Solingen made razors from the late 1800's. They were sold in Sweden at a time when very few Swedish razor makers could compete with the quality of Solingen full hollow razors. These razors are very often of very high quality and have been treated very well by what must have been very proud owners. Even so 120-130 years later few of them remain so I have come to treat them as the museum pieces they are. These days I very seldom shave with any of them, but today was an exception,.

O. Slingensiepen made by a master razor maker. I seem to be unable to use another soap than the Il Coloniali Mango. No matter how much I try to pick another soap I still find myself lathering with it. I blame you Richard!

View attachment 1015719
Bravo!!!
Where is the Orson Wells slow clap clip when you need it.

Over the years I have bought quite a lot of Solingen made razors from the late 1800's. They were sold in Sweden at a time when very few Swedish razor makers could compete with the quality of Solingen full hollow razors. These razors are very often of very high quality and have been treated very well by what must have been very proud owners. Even so 120-130 years later few of them remain so I have come to treat them as the museum pieces they are. These days I very seldom shave with any of them, but today was an exception,.

O. Slingensiepen made by a master razor maker. I seem to be unable to use another soap than the Il Coloniali Mango. No matter how much I try to pick another soap I still find myself lathering with it. I blame you Richard!

View attachment 1015719
The craftsmanship on that razor is incredible. It certainly is a museum piece, but is also meant to be used. All of the I Coloniali products were outstanding and it's hard to imagine why they discontinued the line. I find the scent of the soap intoxicating.

The craftsmanship on that razor is incredible. It certainly is a museum piece, but is also meant to be used. All of the I Coloniali products were outstanding and it's hard to imagine why they discontinued the line. I find the scent of the soap intoxicating.
Thank you Richard, I do use it...sparingly. Yes the soap is kind of magic, and I do include the scent in that statement. The scent is a good match with the JPG Kokorico EdT, unfortunately it's discontinued too.

So many beautiful Japanese razors have been posted lately. Unfortunately I know very little about them. I do however own two, the Feather DX excluded. Both were given to me as gifts. Today i shaved with one of them. I call it Royce, and I'm very happy to have it.

Coral.jpg

rps20190911_151704_719.jpg
5/8+ F.W.Soderen Frame - back

Had a fantastic shave with this Vintage Swedish blade.This Swedish doll shaves as well if not better than the Best that Germany, Japan and England had to offer in the day.It was a treat using this treasure from Eskilstuna.

As Slash answered, it's an ERN. There was a time, the last quarter of the 1800's when the Swedish wealthy upper middle class bought their razors from Solingen due to that the Swedish razor makers (Söderén excluded) didn't have the skills to compete. That would change. ERN stood for a very large share of the import from Solingen, but after 1905 most of the razor import had stopped.

If I only was to have one Thiers Issard that would be The One, an excellent choice. Congratulations.

Hello Dean, I hope all is well with you. It's been a while and I have missed you. That's a very fine razor and I'm most interested in how you like that narrow thumb notch.

:ouch1::ouch1::ouch1:
Hi Arne, been a crazy busy summer im affraid but things are back to normal.....lol.

The thumb notch works well but its almost to small for my thumb but its just to unique to put it up for sale.

Top Bottom