What's new

What straight did you use today? Now with PICTURES

The only time I turn green is when I turn green with envy while looking at some of the amazing razors posted here. A week or so ago I was at my greenest when two people posted their MK 33's on the same day. Oh well, I have a flawless NOS Klas Törnblom on the way so my color is returning to normal. I wish my wife would encourage me to buy straights. She thinks it's a silly hobby, and I generally sneak new razors, fragrances, soaps, or brushes into the house in my briefcase. However, she does have an uncanny ability to spot something new that is sitting out with the rest of my gear. She no longer complains after I pointed out that I never complain about the hundred or so bottles of fingernail polish in every color imaginable, or how I encourage her to purchase another pair of shoes or new clothes when she really doesn't need them. Now she just rolls her eyes whenever she sees me taking a SOTD photo as she can't imagine why anyone would want to look at them.
WOW that sounds familiar..... My household is much the same. :)

Huum Im interested in a TI as well. Any inf about those razors?

I'm far from expert, but count me in as a fan (those I have are newer TI though).

I don't own a lot of razors comparing to many here, but among Heljerstrand, Koraat, Brian Brown, Filarmonica, Ralf Aust, Wacker, Böker... and few others I own, most very well respected around here, I still reach for TI razors quite often. They are nimble, light with great edge, just "sweet" to use, for the lack of better term.

I'm far from expert, but count me in as a fan (those I have are newer TI though).

I don't own a lot of razors comparing to many here, but among Heljerstrand, Koraat, Brian Brown, Filarmonica, Ralf Aust, Wacker, Boker... and few others I own, most very well respected around here, I still reach for TI razors quite often. They are nimble, light with great edge, just "sweet" to use, for the lack of better term.

Iv been looking at it and thought buying a blade 188 6/8” (mirror polish in both sides) with a gold Spartacus stamp a engraved spine and scales with clock mechanism drawing. It’s very beautiful. But the price it’s. outrageous. So... maybe I’ll chose a less fancy stile and buy middle entry but still a TI, after all it’s the same steel. The aim of buying the TI is precisely having another razor for frequente use to team up with my Dovo Bismark2 and My japonese Diamond.

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk

The only time I turn green is when I turn green with envy while looking at some of the amazing razors posted here. A week or so ago I was at my greenest when two people posted their MK 33's on the same day. Oh well, I have a flawless NOS Klas Törnblom on the way so my color is returning to normal. I wish my wife would encourage me to buy straights. She thinks it's a silly hobby, and I generally sneak new razors, fragrances, soaps, or brushes into the house in my briefcase. However, she does have an uncanny ability to spot something new that is sitting out with the rest of my gear. She no longer complains after I pointed out that I never complain about the hundred or so bottles of fingernail polish in every color imaginable, or how I encourage her to purchase another pair of shoes or new clothes when she really doesn't need them. Now she just rolls her eyes whenever she sees me taking a SOTD photo as she can't imagine why anyone would want to look at them.
A NOS Törnblom...now I go green.

Huum Im interested in a TI as well. Any inf about those razors?
I only got nine of them (eight new c135, one vintage) so, like Boris, I'm no expert either. Even so if you're looking for ONE I strongly recommend the model below. It's a very thin 15/16. It's sold as 7/8, but the French exclude the spine when measuring. The one in the middle is a budget version, and can be had for half the price, but it is exactly the same blade. This thumb notch razor is not to be confused with the much heavier TI thumb notch razor in the second picture. It's also a great razor, but the first model is magic and that's why I got three of them.

I hope that this was of some help to you.
20190530_181332.jpg

Liberace.jpg

I only got nine of them (eight new c135, one vintage) so, like Boris, I'm no expert either. Even so if you're looking for ONE I strongly recommend the model below. It's a very thin 15/16. It's sold as 7/8, but the French exclude the spine when measuring. The one in the middle is a budget version, and can be had for half the price, but it is exactly the same blade. This thumb notch razor is not to be confused with the much heavier TI thumb notch razor in the second picture. It's also a great razor, but the first model is magic and that's why I got three of them.

View attachment 985663

View attachment 985664

Ok. Let me get it right. The 3 razors with the black scales are all 7/8” with diferente points and different spine works diferente prices but with the same blade? Is that it? And what are the models name and the blades number the 888 or the 188( it must be the 188)?
Thank you

Ok. Let me get it right. The 3 razors with the black scales are all 7/8” with diferente points and different spine works diferente prices but with the same blade? Is that it? And what are the models name and the blades number the 888 or the 188( it must be the 188)?
Thank you

Yes that sums it up. I haven't the foggiest idea of what the model number is, but TI only makes two 7/8 thumb notch razors and both are in my previous post for comparison so that they won't be confused.

View attachment 985663

View attachment 985664

What is that bottom razor. That thing is gorgeous

Today's shave: Klas Tornblom. Finally got a good edge on it. First attempt was close, but there was a section of the blade that wasn't sharp enough. Took it back to Shapton 1.5k and spent a bit of time on the bevel, then through the Naniwa's. I may refine it a bit more on some .3um film.

Top Bottom