What's new

What straight did you use today? Now with PICTURES

IMG_20220511_092246443.jpg

~ 6/8 Friodur ~ Stirling Barbershop ~ Splash of Mentholated Stirling Sharp Dressed Man ~

In homage to Desperate Dan (from The Dandy) whose beard/stubble was so tough that he had to use a blowtorch to remove it, my shave today...
Castrol GTX 15W-40 shave oil
Non bio shaving soap powder
Wire shaving brush
Shaving axe (12cm edge)
Detailing machete (23cm edge)
Malt vinegar blood stopping balm
Medium tikka curry powder aftershave
7F039290-FE8A-432F-AC03-E1FA38034B35.jpeg

3-in-One razor oil

5/8 Torrey Full Hollow / Cella / Avon Leather AS -- #48 - looking back, it's been two months since its last use (busy using other "new to me" razors), but got a comfortable, irritation free, and better yet, bloodless DFS shave. This was honed before being PIF'd a WIFI microscope, so I should evaluate the edge under magnification to see if there are inconsistencies as the heel doesn't seem as sharp as the rest of the blade. It's still shaving well, so unless there is a glaring issue, I'll leave it go til it needs to be refreshed.
Torrey Wednesday.jpg

It was supposed to be a workingman's quick two pass, but the Cattaraugus Yellow Boy was running so smoothly I found myself doing some detailing.

After a close inspection, the LOTH even suggested that my plans for the day might be both nefarious and romantic, rather than a long day of solo grunt labor in the forest. Now that is the way to compliment a shave!

It is my only Cattaraugus Cutlery razor (sigh) and that is my only Cattaraugus Cutlery pocket knife.
ABD17347-F91E-418B-BAD4-B7BB6388558C.jpeg

FE5A7E65-D67A-4C8A-87CB-C94C43C63FD9.jpeg

What do you think of Proraso single blade cream? Any different than non-single blade Proraso?
First time trying it. Not been a fan of Proraso croap so wasn't sure what to expect. I haven't tried the regular creams, but so far I mostly like this one enough to try to find the aftershave. It has the typical Proraso drying on your face problem, but I find it can be rehydrated right before a pass without wiping all the protection off unlike the croap. Lather isn't prone to getting fluffy unlike the croap as well. I did load an awful lot for a single pass though...

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
Today’s shave was to assess two new and unmarked Mikawa nagura. Verdict? Both koma grade in fineness, the 143g striped one is harder and slightly slower, the 182g white one is a little softer and faster. Both are pure and delivered a very respectable shave though a good tomo would be a little better.

The razors were Cape 1000 and the soap SMN lathered with a SOC boar. AS was Myrsol Agua Balsamica.

72409765-E1D2-42ED-93FB-E588F064756B.jpeg

Today’s shave was to assess two new and unmarked Mikawa nagura. Verdict? Both koma grade in fineness, the 143g striped one is harder and slightly slower, the 182g white one is a little softer and faster. Both are pure and delivered a very respectable shave though a good tomo would be a little better.

The razors were Cape 1000 and the soap SMN lathered with a SOC boar. AS was Myrsol Agua Balsamica.

View attachment 1454150
Sometimes I feel like I’m seeing double.

Top Bottom