What's new

What straight did you use today? Now with PICTURES

Pechika 55 and MDC Fougere! This razor won’t win any beauty competitions, but i love it’s styling, and it has it where it counts!

I have a Pechika 55 and find it a pleasure to use. I also like the aesthetics of it.

Today I took my Rigarazor for it's maiden voyage. Much heavier and wider than I'm used to. Got a bit careless and gave myself a nick by the ear. Used the blade as it came, no stropping, diamond balsa etc.

Very comfortable shave (aside from the nick) and an edge that was very good.

IMG_20211027_121457.jpg
This is the razor. Apologies for my (lack of) photography skill. I have also posted the photo previously so some of you might have seen it before.

I have a Pechika 55 and find it a pleasure to use. I also like the aesthetics of it.

Today I took my Rigarazor for it's maiden voyage. Much heavier and wider than I'm used to. Got a bit careless and gave myself a nick by the ear. Used the blade as it came, no stropping, diamond balsa etc.

View attachment 1360975
This is the razor. Apologies for my (lack of) photography skill. I have also posted the photo previously so some of you might have seen it before.

That’s got a sweet shape as well! Congrats!

Vr

Matt

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
What is that? Looks like a near wedge, but I can't quite make out what it is?
An old razor that came to me with lots of wear. The visible marking on the tang says “silver steel” nothing else. This was a challenge for me, hone wear, multiple bevels and very wedge like. I’ve settled on a layer of tape, which has created a serviceable edge…for now. I love the look and feel of the old steel and had a decent shave this morning. Mystery markings on the scales, a 2 and a crown. Who knows? I just have fun using it.
7CEBAF17-0684-4705-A812-30A61A2B6040.jpeg
A10E716A-3F74-4E48-AF1D-C527A0938CB3.jpeg

An old razor that came to me with lots of wear. The visible marking on the tang says “silver steel” nothing else. This was a challenge for me, hone wear, multiple bevels and very wedge like. I’ve settled on a layer of tape, which has created a serviceable edge…for now. I love the look and feel of the old steel and had a decent shave this morning. Mystery markings on the scales, a 2 and a crown. Who knows? I just have fun using it.View attachment 1361297View attachment 1361298
Looks like the swedish crown to me, but it's just gut feeling.

An old razor that came to me with lots of wear. The visible marking on the tang says “silver steel” nothing else. This was a challenge for me, hone wear, multiple bevels and very wedge like. I’ve settled on a layer of tape, which has created a serviceable edge…for now. I love the look and feel of the old steel and had a decent shave this morning. Mystery markings on the scales, a 2 and a crown. Who knows? I just have fun using it.

Nice looking razor!

Pradat Brun,
Star Kampfe Brothers lather catcher (used in concert with my freshly restored)
Star brush with Maggard Black and Brown knot and Stirling Green.

I honed/stropped the old Kampfe wedge blade and had a super head shave with it. The Pradat always works well!

20211111_183726.jpg

20211111_180716.jpg

Attachments

• 20211111_183726.jpg
    20211111_183726.jpg
    1,007 KB · Views: 3

View attachment 1360975
Very modern looking.

Top Bottom