What's new

What straight did you use today? Now with PICTURES

Interesting timing. I have one incoming although I don't think it's particularly minty. I was (and remain) puzzled by the scallops! Can't wait to see it in person.

Interesting timing. I have one incoming although I don't think it's particularly minty. I was (and remain) puzzled by the scallops! Can't wait to see it in person.

I think you are going to enjoy it! This one took a rip roaring good edge, and delivered a fantastic shave!

Congrats!

Vr

Matt

Reactions: Wid
SOTD
Aiku Derby
Yagi 24mm synthetic
Jabonman Rosa oud shaving soap
Jabonman Rosa oud AS balsam
857C4E98-3B7A-498B-A3DA-A4A495DC8C7E.jpeg

0BC81A80-CE3A-40AD-8A8D-80C99A2D4B1A.jpeg

1CB5EC9F-5954-4920-AE33-255307767AA2.jpeg

I've had poor experiences with small razors before so I was a little nervous.

I could not believe how delicate and light, almost dainty, my 31 was/is. I find it's lightness leads me to a light touch in the shave too. I get very good shaves from it, almost to my surprise each time.

I could not believe how delicate and light, almost dainty, my 31 was/is. I find it's lightness leads me to a light touch in the shave too. I get very good shaves from it, almost to my surprise each time.
Yes. Delicate is the word. Honing was nervewracking. The shave was great, no pressure at all but didn't skip or chatter. No blood, not even a hint of a weeper.

The blade is actually 9/16 on the nose, but it's shorter than my EA Berg 4/8 by almost a 1/2". I think that makes a huge difference in maneuverability.

Top Bottom