Lucky Tiger Face Tonic
Barrister & Mann Spice Splash
Pre de Provence 63 Aftershave Balm
Pre de Provence 63 EdT
Stephens Woodworking Cocobolo 24 mm Silvertip Badger Brush
2C70BE27-6A51-4CB5-BAF2-A1A2D3F706F3.jpeg
04A95AB0-2951-48BE-9326-FF0C5519285E.jpeg
C3C681DD-17D0-4CF7-9794-5F20DFC327FD.jpeg

Absent minded... skinned the cat all cattywampus.

Wade & Butcher Bow razor
Speick stick / cheap Vulfix boar

Just shave 2 with this razor. Gave it the full diamond/balsa progression, then did the shave all wrong. Forgot about my usual prep, forgot the linen and leather, made a thick pasty lather and forgot about correcting it. Then I somehow managed a meticulous shave without a single thought to the routine I'd forgotten. The paste lather covered up any harshness in the raw diamond edge. The two day+ stubble was coming off quickly. I finally snapped out of it when I turned to do the drying laps on linen and leather. Dumb luck.

View attachment 1308623
So much for sleepy time shaving.

Where'd you get that nice metal tube for the shave stick?

Wed 11 SR SOTD
Soap Arko Stick
Brush Yaqi 26mm Rainbow
Razor Ribbon 1000 1st Use - Thanks to @RussellR5555 !!
Aftershave
Stirling Witchhazel Orange Chill + Aqua Velva Musk
Good lather as usual from the soap!
The razor is a beauty! The shave was good and smooth in 3 passes but somehow my techniques didn't do the razor any justice. Managed a sas finished. The edge felt smooth and it is nicely finished on an Ozuku by Russell. Gotta use this more.
20210811_095447.jpg
20210811_101705.jpg

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
I'll be interested to try undiluted glycerin. Appreciate your sharing experiences with the la lune. By coincidence just yesterday I received a bottle of that same Myrsol in a Griffiths order (green slate) for the same dang reason (heat).

YW sir, glad to help - I’m still feeling these stones out myself. That Bartmann is lovely, I’m going to have to get mine out.

6/8 Brookes and Crookes, a really nice old Sheffield with nice hard steel, cast steel I suspect. Soap was the discontinued Savonnerie du bon Berger lavande orange, it’s almost all orange, the lavender is very faint. The brush was a Keyhole 3 and the AS Myrsol Limon.

732D9A15-BF44-4DF1-A0EC-B84E2B7C8846.jpeg

Razor: 120 Gotta
Brush: Edwin Jagger Best Badger
Soap: Mystic Water Tea Tree Plus with a few drops of Glycerin added
Aftersplash: Lucky Tiger

Very interesting shave today. This Gotta had been waiting in the wings for quite a while and I was considering selling it. I just never got around to using it. Honed on a JNAT, it tested out at HHT 4/5 root in. Today's shave surpassed all expectations! Now it's a keeper. The razor is in near pristine condition and triple pinned. The original coffin is worn but has done its job well. The gold etching is completely intact, but does not show well in the photo. It is etched, "THE HAMBURG RING, GOTTA, SUPERFINE". I could actually hear it "ring" on some passes. The shave was very smooth and comfortable; not a hint of a tug anywhere. My price was USD 31.

Gotta.jpg

Filarmonica 12 Doble Temple
Chicago Grooming Co Shiloh
Tiffany brush

So today’s star was the brush. This was a gift from my wife about 20 years ago and my first shaving brush. I used for a few years, then the knot fell out. I didn’t know how to repair and put the pieces aside. After joining B&B last year it occurred to me to look for the pieces. Eventually I found them and after heavy use of Flitz on the handle I glued back together yesterday and used it for the first time in ~17 years. I was worried about the condition of the knot, but damn that felt nice!

B4636A40-45FA-4945-BABE-C7988B7D9968.jpeg

I shaved early this morning, one pass for a high grade SAS then drove off to make it on time to an appointment.
DC9C1EC1-CD3F-4858-86C4-CCB987CD00BF.jpeg

Rasoir Sabre France, Drakkar 6/8"
Lea Mentolada cream, hand lathered in a hurry

A string of days over 100F started today, so I'm thinking cold thoughts - skiing, Christmas, holly.

Top Bottom