What's new

What straight did you use today? Now with PICTURES

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
No dog - No walk :001_tongu, but I totally agree and like to add: No stress. Living in a forest, like I do, has its pros and cons. Yesterday I experienced both at once. I watched a beautiful stag through the window. It was in my garden standing in my flowerbed eating my flowers. Standing in the living room I knocked hard at the window. It looked up chewing, stared at me for a moment and continued eating totally ignoring me.
I didn't like those flowers much anyhow.:001_smile
The only time I’m awake at 4:00 AM is when I haven’t been able to get to sleep. Walk the dog at 8:00 and shave at 9:00. 95 degrees f today - beautiful!

Mondays Shave
6/8 Hayashi Extra
Fresh off the J-Nat.Just received this blade a few weeks ago.The grind on the blade was awsome.The bevel is uniform, small and even.Shave was near effortless.The weight of the blade combined with its super keen edge destroyed the whiskers.No prisoners were taken.I think this Japanese treasure wants a place in my rotation.
rps20180618_112350_669.jpg

The only time I’m awake at 4:00 AM is when I haven’t been able to get to sleep. Walk the dog at 8:00 and shave at 9:00. 95 degrees f today - beautiful!
That's 35 degrees Centigrade! If it was that warm and I'd tried to do any type of physical activity, like walking, Ian would definitely find a use for his bolt cutters.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
I’m the same way with cold. I lived in Syracuse, NY for 1,651 days eleven hours and thirty minutes - hated it. I asked my wife to bring me the mouthpiece for my shotgun one snowy morning and she agreed to move back south.

I’m the same way with cold. I lived in Syracuse, NY for 1,651 days eleven hours and thirty minutes - hated it. I asked my wife to bring me the mouthpiece for my shotgun one snowy morning and she agreed to move back south.

We lived in Plattsburgh, NY when I was young - like kindgarten through third grade, about 30 minutes from the Canadian border. My dad's parents lived in a tiny town just outside of Syracuse and I still have family there. My Step-sister came to Nashville a few summers ago and couldn't get over the heat. She said "How do you live with this humidity?!" That winter she and her husband had to shovel snow off their roof three times. I'll take the humidity. :001_tongu

See? That just ain't a natural way to live. :lol:

Every climate has it charm, when you get acclimatised. As a boy I lived six years in Alabama. Going back to the Swedish summer was like coming to the Southern winter. On the other hand: besides from tics with TBE there are no dangerous insects, no poisonous plants, only one moderately poisonous snake and the bears, wolves, lynx and wolverines refuse to come near human beings.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
I would love to visit Sweden (in the summertime) but I’m getting too old and settled to ramble. My DNA shows a good amount is Scandinavia in me. Likely ran through several generations of Scotts first though. Somehow the cold resistance didn’t come through. Alabama must account for your excellent command of the English language. As I recall English is barely spoken in Alabama.

I would love to visit Sweden (in the summertime) but I’m getting too old and settled to ramble. My DNA shows a good amount is Scandinavia in me. Likely ran through several generations of Scotts first though. Somehow the cold resistance didn’t come through. Alabama must account for your excellent command of the English language. As I recall English is barely spoken in Alabama.
Thank you for those very kind words. My paternal grandmother (long gone), a retired English teacher, cried when she first heard my pronunciation and realised that I didn't speak Swedish. To her I had no language. Why not come here in the winter? I've got a very large roof you can shovel as much snow from as you like.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
F2EC4D68-9B77-429C-B371-CAA19A7318C1.jpeg
Such a thoughtful invitation. I shoveled and scraped over two hundred inches of snow each year for five years so I really must decline.

Photo is my son in Syracuse

The flagship of my collection, straight from the white bear himself. The soap I used even has a scetch of Arne enjoying an adult beverage.
proxy.php

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Arne that is a fantastic blade that has now made my list, plus a rethink with the bolt croppers I will use a gas cutter first to remove the metal plating under your gloves. Then the bolt croppers just to cut the bone.:lol1::lol1::lol1::lol1::lol1:
But Arne a beautiful razor for sure mate...

that is a beautiful razor Sir!!!!
Thank you. I was lucky enough to purchase it from a local straight razor friend years ago.

Top Bottom