What's new

What straight did you use today? Now with PICTURES

Yes it is Dave, truly horrible.
Personally I'm so glad that I, when my day comes, proudly can say that I never been an enabler, just a lighthouse, a beacon of light in the dark stormy night always ready to help ships in distress to a safe harbour.:em2400:
You might need a little polishing on your halo, friend!

I just think this razor should appear at the top of this page, not just the bottom of the last. Super!!!
Me too, lol jk. Thanks Larry!

I like Ulrik's Spike point in the full hollow belly grind so much i ordered a blade done in his super-clean damascus...its stuck in customs now, then off to Alfredo for another set of ivory scales.

Sunday morning shave: Butch Harner 7/8 smiler. I always get such a smooth shave from this razor. It will always be in my regular rotation.

9.24.17Harner-7.jpg

@Polarbeard Arne look at it this way mate it aint here for a reason, because its not safe :em2300:
Well Ian being from the country that might hold the world championship in safety regulations I can relate to that and respect it. I'll just lean back then until my governments engineers and scientists officially declares that the razor isn't made out of steel from the Chernobyl reactor core.

Come to think about it I really am thankful for the job they do. I must have reached the age when death and illness is a possible prospective and not just something that happens to others.

Ralf Aust,
Every time I shave with this razor I feel like a complete fool. Why on earth do I not shave with this fantastic razor more often?

2017-09-24 07.35.15.jpg

proxy.php

Eiko YSK2 Yasuki steel full hollow 13/16
Kanayama Cordovan #80000
Shavemac Silvertip two band
RazoRock Tuscan Oud
Tiana Rose fresh & Coconut moisturiser
Shay and Blue Oud Alif Edp​

:Drool:
I've been to the site a few times. Questions: how do you order? Is that a mobile glitch or do you have to contact them? I haven't seen them in person, do they have wedge or spacer?
How do they compare to the Chevalier?
Perhaps I should start a new thread but "beacon of light" and all.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

You have to send them an email with the items you want to buy. They'll send you a return email with an invoice. I don't remember but I'm pretty sure that they take PayPal.

The razors have a wedge. The designs are very traditional Solingen designs from the mid war period. You can see the model numbers at the site as recommendations or a menu where you can have your pick. I've understood that they are more than willing to help you. By the way, I have understood that it is a two person operation which would classify them as an artisan maker.

I find my razor to be beautiful, but I've got only one. From the other active Solingen makers I've got at least two and most often more than that. The reason to why I only got one Revisor is that I find the full hollow not to be quite as full hollow as I prefer. Furthermore the etching has faded a bit, something that I find to be very irritating. All in all though it is a good razor.

How it does compare to the Chevalier? In my book it doesn't. Nor does it compare to the Aust 6/8 thumb notch or the Dovo 6/8 Bismarck series. On the other hand the Revisor doesn't cost as much either.

You have to send them an email with the items you want to buy. They'll send you a return email with an invoice. I don't remember but I'm pretty sure that they take PayPal.

The razors have a wedge. The designs are very traditional Solingen designs from the mid war period. You can see the model numbers at the site as recommendations or a menu where you can have your pick. I've understood that they are more than willing to help you. By the way, I have understood that it is a two person operation which would classify them as an artisan maker.

I find my razor to be beautiful, but I've got only one. From the other active Solingen makers I've got at least two and most often more than that. The reason to why I only got one Revisor is that I find the full hollow not to be quite as full hollow as I prefer. Furthermore the etching has faded a bit, something that I find to be very irritating. All in all though it is a good razor.

How it does compare to the Chevalier? In my book it doesn't. Nor does it compare to the Aust 6/8 thumb notch or the Dovo 6/8 Bismarck series. On the other hand the Revisor doesn't cost as much either.
Many thanks. I suppose ymmv on some things. Thanks for your informed opinion. Lovely razors at a good price. Gold plate or wash seems to be quite sensitive. Does the etch fade as well?
I guess I'll keep saving my pennies for the Cavalier. Quite tempted by thumb notch, French point and shoulderless. I'll have a peek at the Dovo.
Thanks again.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

IMG_2881.JPG
For my Sunday shave using USA stuff like a 101 year old 13/16+ Geneva razor with an Ever-Ready brush and good old Williams,along with the rest.The razor is good as any I have and hopefully someone 101 years from now will enjoy it every now and then.

Top Bottom