What's new

What Russian shave gear do you use?

View attachment 1365697Blades (Polsilver, Wizamet, Gillette) and the START razor from Homelike shaving. I also have some soap samples from them which have performed very nicely.

The big red word seems to be derived from "lanolin".

Two lines down the middle word looks almost like "comfortable"

Two more lines down I can read "jojoba" "cocoa" "coconut" "castor" "lanolin".

"With menthol" at the bottom.

I only mention this because I never learned Russian
but every once in a while I can read a few words
and it amuses me.

I don't consider those PPI blades exactly a Russian product. They are P&G products, and it's an American company after all. Same with the P&G blades made in India or China.
Now, Mostochglemash is another thing. Those are Russian products. That said, I use blades from both plants.

The big red word seems to be derived from "lanolin".

Two lines down the middle word looks almost like "comfortable"

Two more lines down I can read "jojoba" "cocoa" "coconut" "castor" "lanolin".

"With menthol" at the bottom.

I only mention this because I never learned Russian
but every once in a while I can read a few words
and it amuses me.
You missed the "Shea". Having problems with the 'Ш' letter probably?

I don't consider those PPI blades exactly a Russian product. They are P&G products
Doesn't P&G own a majority share in PPI, less than 100% ?
As for the meaning of country of origin as defined by law (be it Russian or any other), I prefer not to dig into the topic at all. I concur that the used technology was partly ex-Czechoslovak (Astra), partly comes from Gillette.

Doesn't P&G own a majority share in PPI, less than 100% ?
As for the meaning of country of origin as defined by law (be it Russian or any other), I prefer not to dig into the topic at all. I concur that the used technology was partly ex-Czechoslovak (Astra), partly comes from Gillette.
The share is something ike 60-70% IIRC.
Then you should also add "partly Polish" - Iridium and Polsilver. And probably other countries. I don't think Perma-Sharp and Nacet were initially American companies.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
😀 Two fine titanium handles (left and right) from Evgeny (RusDrunkBear).

full

AA

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
I have a number of double edge blades:

Astra SS
Gillette Silver Star
Gillette Platinum
Nacet
Voshkod

But my every day Russian shaving gear are TiBam Titanium handles.

I have many Russian blades, but I believe only one Russian razor. It's the Saiver twin double edge razor. It's designed to use to DE Blades and angle them like a Trac II. It works fine with only one blade, but I haven't gotten a decent twin blade shave from it.

If you were there in winter I believe they raise the various bridges at night (or they used to)so you could run the risk of not getting back to where you are staying.
They still do, it's a popular tourist attraction, still beutiful though, I go to see it everytime I visit the city which usally happens every year. But there's no risk to not be able to get to your hotel anymore, there is a toll motorway now, so you can get to any part of the city no matter what time of day it is.

Along with the many excellent Russian blades, I have a Ti handle by a Russian maker that I really like. I have one of copper too.

Blades, custom Ti handles from rusdrunkbear and Tibam, with a couple soviet-era SRs waiting in my restoration queue. Where is the rest of vintage Russian/soviet kit? I have yet to see mugs, bowls or brushes.

Today I'm curious about products made in Russia or used commonly in Russia. Do you use any products that come from there? I'm curious what most guys shave with who live in Russia.

Я не живу в России. Но производятся ли бритвенные лезвия в бывшей Чехословакии, а теперь - в России?

Translated:
I do not live in Russia. But are razor blades made in the former Czechoslovakia and now made in Russia considered?

B. :001_cool:

Я не живу в России. Но производятся ли бритвенные лезвия в бывшей Чехословакии, а теперь - в России?

Translated:
I do not live in Russia. But are razor blades made in the former Czechoslovakia and now made in Russia considered?

B. :001_cool:

I would expect the community to honor
even the slightest attempt
to maintain anything close to thread topicality.

Top Bottom