What's new

what razors are you waiting to try?

Not necessarily want to try because I already know how it’ll shave but I’ve been on the lookout for a second and fourth quarter 1954 z code Gillette tech. Just want to get the “quarter set” ie one tech from each quarter of 1954 and I already have the first and third quarter ones

The razors that are currently on my wishlist are:

Gillette Fatboy
Gillette Old Type
Gillette Slim Adjustable
Rex Ambassador
Merkur Progress
Any of the Solingen straight razors (Dovo, Raulf Aust etc)
Out of all those razors I think you’ll like the Progress, it gives very fine shaves. On a higher setting it is almost as good as a straight edge.

Out of all those razors I think you’ll like the Progress, it gives very fine shaves. On a higher setting it is almost as good as a straight edge.

I've now got myself a 1920s Old Type and with skin stretching it gave me a really good shave. I'm scheduled to receive a Fatboy tomorrow I'm looking forward to shaving with it.

Henson Medium
New Short comb.
There are others but I would like to focus on just a coupe at a time.

I’ve got a Wilkinson Pall Mall 7 day set. I honed all the blades and it’s ready to go.
Right now I have a new Kampfe to try, and I’m participating in Shark Week.
I’m waiting for a stretch to take my Pall Mall out for a spin. I have a blade with each day of the week on it, so if I shave every other day it’ll take two weeks.
0D54E163-F931-49CF-8E21-2B48489F09D0.jpeg

Reactions: saj
After not buying a razor for 6 months, I find myself in the strange position of waiting for 3 razors to deliver. A user grade Gillette Slim, a Winning Razor and a Wolfman WR2. And consider that I love my Timeless SS .68 SB! I just had opportunities present themselves, 2 on the Contributors BST forum, the Slim for $19 and the Wolfman WR2 1.15 head and baseplate for $235. The Winning razor, an American made CNC machined stainless steel razor was on a July 4 special for $39. So I guess you can say that those are the razors that I am wanting to try.

I've yet to try a Gillette Old Type from the '20s. With the vintage Hoffritz, which is probably '70s, I have a razor from each decade of the 20th century from the '30s to the '70s. (Plus 2 21st-century razors, the Merkur Progress and the Fatip, and a second '60s, a Travel Tech.)

oh yeah forgot to mention mine lol

so these are the ones I got but yet to try out
black beauty Gillette super adjustable long handle - can't wait to try but will try the slant first as I've never used a slant razor before,
Gillette flare tip (silver tip)
ball end Gillette tech,
fat slant,
baby futur

Im intrigued by The Leaf

Also would like to try a straight razor at somepoint. Gotta let my balls drop first lol

Top Bottom