What's new

what razors are you waiting to try?

hello people so i've seen threads about buying razors and what razors are on your wishlist and then i got thinking i finally got a few razors ive wanted but still havent got around to trying them for one reason or another,
anyways so i though i'd ask the question what razor are you waiting to try?

im also interested to see which razor names pop up, maybe it could an indication of which ones are the more popular ones?

ohh yea forgot to mention mine lol

so these are the ones i got but yet to try out
black beauty gillette super adjustable long handle - cant wait to try but will try the slant first as ive never used a slant razor before,
hillette flare tip (silver tip)
ball end gillette tech,
fatip slant,
baby futur

thats it off the top of my head, i think lol

The razors that are currently on my wishlist are:

Gillette Fatboy
Gillette Old Type
Gillette Slim Adjustable
Rex Ambassador
Merkur Progress
Any of the Solingen straight razors (Dovo, Raulf Aust etc)

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
Just one at present, a George Butler "Shakespeare" 6/8 Dutch point half-hollow with ivory scales from about 1870.
s-l400(1).jpg
s-l400.jpg
Should be on my face within a week.

Unfortunately, wanting describes it better than waiting, because there’s nothing in the mail.

From RR:

Game Changer .84-P SB
Lupo (probably 72)

GC x Lupo: one of the great debates of the wet shaving world. Not to mention the 68 x 84 x 72 x 95. Sometimes I think this is RR’s way of getting even with the fact that they produce these SS razors at relatively cheap prices: you’re bound to buy 2 or 3 of them.

From Blackland:

Vector

Not only are the reviews great, but the idea of not turning the razor while shaving has tremendous appeal to me. I simply can’t understand what purpose the “D” (in DE) is supposed to serve.

It used to be the Muhle R41, but no more. Zero interest.

I'm supremely happy with the 8 or 10 adjustable DE and SE razors I have, each of which gives me perfect aggression at the simple twist of a dial, for my face and today's whiskers.

Oddly, there’s nothing on my wishlist at the moment. I have an R41 I’ve yet to try, but the ones I regularly use do the job. As for the OP’s list, I have a slim, (close enough to black beauty) flare tip, and a tech and they all shave great, and very similarly (though the slim obviously is more capable of being different.) I’ve had a Lupo .72 for a few weeks now, which was the last thing on my wishlist, and between that and a couple vintage Gillettes, it would be hard to imagine something that would meet my needs better. Maybe I’ll get the SE or SR bug at some point, but I’m pretty happy with my collection at the moment.

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
For many years I wanted to try a Darwin but I know I will never get to even hold such a razor, let alone to shave with or own one. I have had a lot of pleasure looking for a Darwin, much more than if I had found one for it could surely not live up to my imagination and then the dream would be gone. But the Darwin has never disappointed me, never given me a bad shave, and in some ways given me more pleasure than any razor I have actually used. Some things, like the Darwin, are best left as a dream. 👍

There is a good chance I will never get to all of these - some I kind of just want to try as a point of comparison, but don't really have an interest in owning:

Karve Christopher Bradley G plate (in transit)
Asylum RX
Fatip FOCS
Wolfman - not sure which one, maybe WR2 in the largest gap they will make
One I just learned about yesterday - the Roedter 1909
Blackland Era
Blackland Blackbird SS (I have tried the Titanium)
Above the Tie Kronos H1 or H2
Timeless Bronze OC

I want to give the Lupo 72 a try, but am concerned it will not do a better job than my beloved vintage 56 and 65 Gillette Super Speeds.

I love the head design of the Lupo 72 though, super sexy AND functional.

For many years I wanted to try a Darwin but I know I will never get to even hold such a razor, let alone to shave with or own one. I have had a lot of pleasure looking for a Darwin, much more than if I had found one for it could surely not live up to my imagination and then the dream would be gone. But the Darwin has never disappointed me, never given me a bad shave, and in some ways given me more pleasure than any razor I have actually used. Some things, like the Darwin, are best left as a dream. 👍

B&B should create a Hall of Fame to enshrine posts like this.

I want to give the Lupo 72 a try, but am concerned it will not do a better job than my beloved vintage 56 and 65 Gillette Super Speeds.

I love the head design of the Lupo 72 though, super sexy AND functional.
I was using a ‘55 flare tip for the couple weeks prior to getting my Lupo 72. I guess “better” is highly subjective, but for me, the Lupo seems a hair more efficient, with a little more blade feel. My suspicion is you’d like it, even if your superspeeds remain your favorites.

Top Bottom