What's new

What razor/blade did you use today

Rex Ambassador + Astra Superior Platinum
20210726_082648.jpg

1968 N-4 Slim (6) / Crystal (9)
IMG_20220108_202013920.jpg

I have been neglecting the Slim lately, still slightly infatuated with the Piccolo.

Set the Slim to 6, strangely I have not used that setting before. Loaded up an Israeli Crystal on trip 9. I have high hopes for this blade's longevity.

Setting 6, paired with the Crystal just getting into it's stride made for a highly efficient yet smooth 3 passer.

Also, starting to appreciate the TABAC scent more and more. It's performance is superb.

Absolutely silky result.

Last edited:
Yaqi Chrome Mellon DOC Head / Gillette Wilkinson Sword - India (1,2)

IMG_20220227_141955765.jpg

A couple of debut shaves with my new Yaqi Mellon on Sunday & today. It's a nice razor. Worth the fiver & month long wait from AliExpress. I paired it with my Baili BD176 handle. Despite its intimidating aggressive looks, Yaqi Mellon is a mild razor. I got DFS results. One nick on the chin on Sunday's maiden voyage. No bloodshed today. Overall, I'm pleased with this new razor & will add it into my rotation. The Yaqi Mellon is the 20th razor in my small safety razor collection. It's my 3rd OC razor joining the Fatip Piccolo & Fatip Grande. Of course, in my opinion, nothing beats a Fatip. Fatip are handcrafted Italian excellence, modern classics & stellar performers.

The Yaqi Mellon, RazoRock SLOC, & PAA DOCs are the modern version (spawned clones) of the vintage Grand Shave King. The Self Lubricating Open Comb Razor was invented by Joseph M. Mellon during the 1940's. There were 2 or 3 versions. In fact, some lucky B&B members still shave with the OG of DOC SLOC razors. It is supposed to retain water & shaving cream in the head. Making it good for buffing & delivering a mild & very smooth shave.

Hat tip to @Jack Goossen & @Ron R for bringing the Yaqi Mellon safety razor to my attention. Thank you.

Top Bottom