What's new

What razor/blade did you use today

Tech & Wizamet.jpg

March 18th:

Rex Ambassador / KAI (3rd)
Stirling Green / 30mm Tuxedo
Polo Red Intense AS Balm
Classic Match (Polo Red) EDT

Slow & Relaxed 3-Pass BBS shave, and really like the Polo Red Intense/Classic Match (Polo Red) combination.

How does the kai blade do in the rex ambassador? I love feather blades in my Ambassador and heard kai are sharp like feathers.

- Fayiz D.

Fayiz D, the KAI is actually very smooth, and very efficient in the Rex, even on the first shave. I find that KAI blades aren't quite as sharp or edgy as a Feather on the first shave, however, they seem to get sharper and even smoother with each shave, leveling off around shave 3 or 4, and tend to hold that edge really well for a number of shaves. I've routinely gone over a dozen shaves with a KAI blade in other razors, with this being the first one in the Rex, having only stumbled upon the remaining stash of KAI blades last week.

Also somewhat quieter or sound different than say a Voskhod or Pol-Silver in the Rex, but that's par for the course, they feel more rigid than most other DE blades, to the point you'd swear they're thicker, but aren't.

Fayiz D, the KAI is actually very smooth, and very efficient in the Rex, even on the first shave. I find that KAI blades aren't quite as sharp or edgy as a Feather on the first shave, however, they seem to get sharper and even smoother with each shave, leveling off around shave 3 or 4, and tend to hold that edge really well for a number of shaves. I've routinely gone over a dozen shaves with a KAI blade in other razors, with this being the first one in the Rex, having only stumbled upon the remaining stash of KAI blades last week.

Also somewhat quieter or sound different than say a Voskhod or Pol-Silver in the Rex, but that's par for the course, they feel more rigid than most other DE blades, to the point you'd swear they're thicker, but aren't.
I'll look into buying some. I never use a blade more than 3 shaves unless it's an AC blade so that's fine. Thanks for the response!

- Fayiz D.

Timeless Brass (stainless steel .68 SB plate) w/Feather blade, Semogue Butterscotch Mistura brush, Stirling Electric Sheep soap, Osma alum block, Thayer's Cucumber/Witchhazel facial toner non alcohol

revisiting Feather blades after not having used any in months by testing them in my milder shavers, really liking the results

Top Bottom