What pre shave did you use today?

Proraso red.

Attachments

• 0135006F-EB95-4F0B-A1BA-D6F1876F17CB.jpeg
    0135006F-EB95-4F0B-A1BA-D6F1876F17CB.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 2

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
I've been using just water for longer than I can remember. My earlier experiments with pre-shaves didn't produce any improvements. But earlier this week a shipment from Stirling included a generous gift of unscented pre-shave soap. I've been wondering if my old man white beard might now benefit from such a product, so it was timely.

I did one side of my face with the pre-shave and, alas, I am still not one of the chosen. But if it helped my shave at all I'd be using it every day. Enjoy your journey, and have some sympathy for those of us who are essentially shut out from a category of potential hording.

This morning I used a pre shave for the first time. I do not have issues with my skin, no irritation or reddening during or after a regular wet shave. Still, after watching a video taken in T&H barbershop in London, decided to rub in some essential oils before applying the lather this morning. The result is not drastically different feeling, but there is some subtle, still noticeable difference. Greetings, gents!

Watch out for irritation or even allergic reactions with pure essential oils. Some of them need to be diluted, I knew someone who made and sold her own candles and little perfumes and she got chemical burns from some undiluted essential oils. And I agree, shaving and pre-shaving oils are great products but they're a pain to clean off the instruments and surfaces when you're done. The best one I found was "shave secret oil" . It cost like $2 for a tiny bottle, almost like the size of clipper oil, and lasted me for 6 months because you only need 3-4 drops per shave. You can even shave with the oil alone without soap or cream.
I use a special product, made for facial application. No longer in production. As per the cleaning part - good point, thank you, I will have to pay attention, in case I decide to do this pre-shave on regular basis. Usually I rub in the oil after the splash and before the balm, works fine as well.

Attachments

• TEMP1_20240516.jpg
    TEMP1_20240516.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 5
Top Bottom