What's new

What pre shave did you use today?

Fendrihan Bay rum pre-shave oil - may have affected my lather with Ogallala Bay rum, sage and cedar stick. Great slickness but crappy thin lather.

Hot flannel applied to stubble for a few seconds, then hand soap rubbed into stubble and lathered with shaving brush on face. Followed by hot flannel rinse.

Hot flannel, glycerine hand soap rub on stubble, lathered on face with shaving brush followed by hot flannel rinse.Then I enjoyed a great 10/10 shave

IMG_1796.jpeg

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
92B82754-8727-46E5-B85F-3B84312EBFC7.jpeg
Natio For Men Daily Face Wash.
I left the face wash on and then applied the shaving cream over the top. It worked pretty good really considering it is a face wash not an actual pre-shave product.

I tried the procedure outlined in Kyle's "Pre-Shave Prep" thread: After a shower, I lathered up my face with Tabac, soaked a face towel in hottish water, applied it to my face for 30 seconds, then wiped off the lather with the towel before re-applying the soap and waiting my usual 3 minutes. I'm not sure if it improved the end result of the shave. The razor I used was my 1970s Hoffritz Slant, which planes me off the closest of all my razors without irritation. But trying it was fun.

My plan tomorrow is a 1-day beard shave with the postwar Tech. I'll try the same routine and see what varies.

Chiseled Face. I really liked it because it was easy to wash off my hands, but didn't wash right off my face when I applied a little water before I lathered up.

Top Bottom