What's new

What pre shave did you use today?

Interesting. What made you want to try this? And what were your thoughts? Cantu is a brand popular among African Americans. Are you African American? I am. And I’m always interested in other African American wet shaving routines as there are so few of us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello Buzz,
I am a Turkish guy from Turkey. My whiskers are not heavy, i can say they are medium. I sometimes have a few ingrown problems at my neck area. I do not like pre shave oils and i prefer cream type pre shaves like Proraso and Noxzema. I saw this product and i am impressed with ingredients of this product.
I only used a few times and i think it is a good pre shave. Scent, slickness and care is really good. The only criticism I would make about the product is that I wish there were no tiny particles. Maybe many people like it that way. I still like using it with its tiny particles.
Do i recommend it? Yes , i do. Nice product. And yes , the shaves become more comfortable.
Best regards from Turkey, Brother.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
3E2368A0-3D9C-4057-8F61-B56A7DD2E482.jpeg
Nivea Men Cool Kick Arctic Freeze pre-wash and shave gel.

This morning, E-Shave Lime Verbena; gives a bright, refreshing wake-up prep, and AoS Sandlewood gives a luxurious, gentle "Sunday morning" prep, but If I'm looking for a baseball bat in a metal trash can mattress-flip boot camp wake-up prep, it's Proraso Green, every single time...

Wanted to test the slickness of the soap, so just my bloom water from Mickey Lee's Soapworks "The Kracken" -- got the soap sample in a West Coast Shaving barbershop sample pack. I really like the soap, lathers well and quickly--my only complaint of the WCS Barbershop sample pack is that two of the first three samples I've used are from now closed soap artisans (Reef Point Classic Barber shop and The Kracken). I like both soaps but their availability is limited to none now, oh well.

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
I'm on-again/off-again about pre-shaves. These days, I'm "on," and use Elegance Plus gel.

Stuff is a shaving medium in itself, and performs pretty well alone when I'm in a hurry and have no time to lather up properly (not that it takes all that much time, except that I'm a procrastinator).

Other products that I've tried as pre-shaves include Noxzema, hair conditioners, and Dove Beauty Bar. Next, I suppose I should just break down and order a right and proper pre-shave from PAA or Grooming Dept. Figure I'll try one that is soap-based v. something oil-based.

Top Bottom