What's new

What pocket knife do you carry?

I carry this. No idea of quality or what ever but my wife got it for me so it is special to me. I am very hard on knives so the fact that I have to sharpen often is nothing out of the ordinary. The fact that I have had it for a few years means it must be a fairly decent knife.

I work in a factory and live on a farm. It gets used for everything from opening boxes, to stripping electric wires, cutting hoses, obviously fishing line, and even cuts my steaks on occasion if I do not have a proper food grade knife in hand LOL Has some arc marks on it from jumping across starter solenoids. I can have it shaving in short order. May not hold it long but, as I said... hard on knives.

Attachments

• knife.jpg
    knife.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 22
Changed up knives today. Now in pockets:

Knives2.jpeg

That's a Ka-Bar Phat Bob, an inexpensive knife that "Walks & Talks" better than any other I own. It's an absolute beast and fearsome indeed when deployed against a stick of pepperoni. The bottom one is a Case Mini Copperlock with "Pocketworn" green scales.

I already mentioned the Opinel #7, but there's another one which is extremely handy to have: a Swiss Army key chain knife. These have small scissors and tweezers and a small blade suitable for opening letters, tape on boxes, etc. Don't underestimate these little tools if you have not tried one before. They are very well-made.

1606940766149.png

I have lots of knives that I rotate. Spyderco, ZT, Manly, Buck, Benchmade, etc.

My favorite EDC knives lately are smaller though. My current favorites are my LionSteel slip joint in M390 or Great Eastern Cutlery Dixie Stockman. Much easier carries than a Spyderco Military or ZT 620.

Picked up a Spyderco Delica K390 early in Nov. 2020, it's been used every day, sharpened 0 times (strop touch-up twice) and hasn't left my pocket since!

I already had the Urban Sprint run in K390, but it just hadn't impressed the same way the more acutely ground Delica does, maybe I need to revisit that one as well...

M390 and CPM CruWear are probably my favorite all-around blade steels, but for straight up edge holding (and taking an enduring, but aggressive fine edge) K390 is a real champ: edges like 52100, edge holding like S90V!

While I have a box of old knives in the basement, and keep knives in the trunks and glove boxes of our cars, my jean carry knife for over 10 years has been a Spyderco Delica 4. While these days, it's mostly used for opening mail and amazon boxes, I've been wanting something new that didn't cost too much. I found the Honey Badger site last week and ordered a small claw for under $40, inc shipping. It's a nice pocket knife. The edge doesn't feel sharp (nowhere near a Spyderco), but it easily slices through paper, heavy paper, cardboard and plastic. A nice knife for the price and the flipper action is really smooth.

Attachments

• Honey Badger.jpg
    Honey Badger.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 9
Today:
-Victorinox Swiss Tool X on a belt sheath. Great multitool, but a bit heavy.
-Stanley Classic 99. It's cheap enough that I can thrash on it or loan it out without caring if it's returned.
-Spyderco Matriarch 2 was my emergency blade today.
-My keychain knife is usually a Victorinox Classic SD. I carried the Manager today though. Same as the Classic SD, but you lose the toothpick and gain a pressurized ink pen.

Top Bottom