What's new

What pocket knife do you carry?

I just got this one for fun.

tempImageV6sw1w.jpg

Victorinox Classic. A tiny but well-made version of the Swiss army knife.

The scissors seem too small to cut anything. Wrong :) They work great if you need to do some gear repairs in the field. Eg they'll easily cut through cordura.

A small but sharp blade. Will slice through anything which fits under it.

Tweezers for ticks.

A plastic toothpick.

Don't really need the nail file but it has a useful flat screwdriver end.

Easily earns its a place in a repair kit. Small enough to put on a keyring.

Victorinox Classic.jpg

For everyday, and or grocery store trips, it's still a Spyderco Delica 4. For walks, being more afraid of a loose dog, I'll carry a Morakniv Companion fixed blade, loose in the sheath, in a jean pocket, and my wife will carry a Morakniv Eldris neck knife.

Still using my Victorinox Classic. It is surprising how many times the screwdriver tip is handy. It can even open some toilet paper and paper towel dispensers so you can refill them when the custodial staff has been lax at their job (assuming there is refill product available).

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
The trusty Victorinox Deluxe Tinker (and friends) got me though Christmas day's trials with relative ease. Opening kids (nephew and nieces) presents and battery compartments mostly.

20211225_183316.jpg

The Stanley 4in1 driver got used whenever the pocket knife's drivers weren't a good fit, or screws were recessed too deep. The walking stick came in useful a few times too, for rescuing runaway toy and game pieces from under the sofa, which also meant that the torch got a few uses too.

Top Bottom