What's new

What pocket knife do you carry?

Victorinox Compact. Made the scales out of some left over shop rags and epoxy when the originals cracked. Every time I try to swap to a different knife I find myself missing one of the tools, or the small size. The factory version comes with the traditional toothpick/tweezers, a straight pin, and a ballpoint pen. Making me one to buy a new one since I lost those features.
vic.jpg

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
Victorinox Compact. Made the scales out of some left over shop rags and epoxy when the originals cracked. Every time I try to swap to a different knife I find myself missing one of the tools, or the small size. The factory version comes with the traditional toothpick/tweezers, a straight pin, and a ballpoint pen. Making me one to buy a new one since I lost those features.
View attachment 904565

Another knife tinkerer :D

Here's one I did for myself. I couldn't decide between back spring phillips or corkscrew... so I decided to go for both
:a34:

IMG_20161008_085451_edit_1066_800.jpg
IMG_20170507_113652_edit_800_600.jpg
IMG_20150901_143531_1067_800.jpg

One day, I'll strip it back down again and finish it off. This was only meant to be a proof of concept thing, but I haven't gotten round to Phase 2 yet.

What's your favorite finishing stone for knife sharpening.

I'm often happy with a Washita Lilly White for my EDC and kitchen knives. I sometimes go higher with some local slate, or a Chosera 1k, and I've even tried a green thuri my my my.

I used to carry a leather-man charge TTI that got me out of all manner of scrapes. Sadly it got lost during the rebuild of my house. So I have reverted back to its predecessor, a trusty Opinel No8. The best knife for the money in my books.

Browning Mountain Ti small. A new addition to the stable and a nice little linerlock. Sharp and solidly built for a Chinese knife.

proxy.php

Buck 112
I carried a 110 for years and then decided one day it was to big for my pocket. It was probably around the same time I added a light and multitool to the same pocket, so yeah thing got crowded lol. I sometimes miss the bigger 110 but Im happier with the 112 for the room, it was a great switch for me.

Top Bottom