What's new

What pocket knife do you carry?

Legion

Staff member
Higonokami

A5613962-BC5E-4902-A1BB-87B6CFA47B34.jpeg

Ad Astra

The Instigator
A friend recently gave me my first Opinel. It's the first one that I've ever seen in person. I've always loved the simplicity of them. We plan on using it for a cooking knife when camping.

I liked my old one so much, I recently bought three- the olive wood (beauty!) one, a pruning hook folder (useful), and a giant one for backpacking. They are inexpensive and well-made, for sure.

AA

I have been carrying a Spyderco Paramilitary 2 Black handle with black blade for 3 years now. It basically stopped my knife acquisition disorder. Incredibly light weight, grippy g-10 scales, super fast opening, great steel choice s30v, great jimping. Love it.

For the 4 years before that - I carried a spyderco stretch - lightweight, fast opening, decent jimping (nothing tops the para or a delica) - wish it had grippier scapes as they are nylon - hence the upgrade to the para 2.

Sometimes I also carry a small swiss army knife so i can have scissors on me.

proxy.php
I've been carrying this Fox karambit for quite a while now. This model goes for $129 but I picked it up on Alibaba for $12 shipped. Sanded under the clip for easy deploy. It may be a knockoff or just one that the factory in China sells behind Fox's back. Either way, I love it! Very thin and lightweight, blade opens automatically as you draw it. I have another made with no edge for training.

proxy.php
I've been carrying this Fox karambit for quite a while now. This model goes for $129 but I picked it up on Alibaba for $12 shipped. Sanded under the clip for easy deploy. It may be a knockoff or just one that the factory in China sells behind Fox's back. Either way, I love it! Very thin and lightweight, blade opens automatically as you draw it. I have another made with no edge for training.
It's a knock off. Actual Fox knives are made in Italy.

I have been carrying a Benchmade stryker for probably 10-12 years. Had a different Benchmade previously, but got lost when I stopped to assist in a roll over accident. Passed my knife to another guy to cut a persons seatbelt and lost track of the guy in the confusion. Old truck was leaking gas and people were scrambling to get the 2 people out before it turned really bad.

D6C32D3B-6197-4157-98C2-541F864A74F9.jpeg

Protech Godfather. Haven’t had it for 15 minutes and I’m already cut! Hands sure do bleed a lot.
It’s a really sweet auto. Very light for such a large knife.

How do you like it? I’ve been curious about WE knives but haven’t owned one yet.
They are a straight up quality brand. The fit and finish in perfect. If you didn't know where it was made, you would never guess. I have two now. I have the Ferrum Forge Falcon anodized and this one. It's butter smooth and decent steel (VG-10). The Falcon is s35vn which is great steel. The flipping action is great and the blade can fall under it's own weight when closing. The hole, IMHO is purely decorative as I can't one hand open it because the detent is designed for the slipper.

They are a straight up quality brand. The fit and finish in perfect. If you didn't know where it was made, you would never guess. I have two now. I have the Ferrum Forge Falcon anodized and this one. It's butter smooth and decent steel (VG-10). The Falcon is s35vn which is great steel. The flipping action is great and the blade can fall under it's own weight when closing. The hole, IMHO is purely decorative as I can't one hand open it because the detent is designed for the slipper.
Nice! I’ve read good things about them, really like the look of the Rectifier. Nice simple flipper.

Top Bottom