What's new

What pocket knife do you carry?

That Ti-Lite is always with me. Right now its on the desk beside me and when I leave the house it goes in a pocket.

I have no issues whatsoever with the quality, its a solid well made piece. If I had anything negative to say about it, it would be the tab that sticks out the back when closed could be slightly taller so its easier to flick open with my index finger. I dont usually have any issues with it, but it can take a strong quick flick of the wrist to open it quickly if I dont use the pocket dragger.

You can see the serrated pocket dragger tab and imagine how it works as you pull it from your pants pocket. That tab grabs the pockets corner as you pull it from the pocket and it opens at the same time.

This is the smaller 4" blade version. The larger 6" blade version is more akin to a folding sword lol. Not sure which steel it is, but it takes an edge fairly easily and retains it pretty well. The pocket clip as you can see is steel, and quite strong. It doesnt flex easily at all.

Opened, those two serrated tabs serve as a very grippy hilt for both the thumb and the index finger.

View attachment 816792 View attachment 816793
Right on, appreciate the reply.
I think I have seen one of the big models, pocket sword is a good description!

Para 3 might be a hard sell for me too, it looks too much like only a slightly smaller version of the PM2
That's exactly what it is. It isn't really a hard sell as a knife, the Native just has a more attractive price and I don't think you're giving up much.

That's exactly what it is. It isn't really a hard sell as a knife, the Native just has a more attractive price and I don't think you're giving up much.
No, it's really not and I think it's been really popular because a smaller paramilitary 2 was something a lot of people wanted.
I just mean a hard sell for me because it's so similar to a knife I already own and usually when I'm looking to buy something new I want it to be different and interesting to me.

No, it's really not and I think it's been really popular because a smaller paramilitary 2 was something a lot of people wanted.
I just mean a hard sell for me because it's so similar to a knife I already own and usually when I'm looking to buy something new I want it to be different and interesting to me.
I get that. Variety is the spice of life.

Spyderco Native 5 lightweight is on the way. s35 blade (nice). Otherwise it's pretty simple: no liner, black fiberglass scales, back lock. I'm also investing in the Sharpmaker. I read that this was the first Spyderco product before they ever made a knife.

Spyderco Native 5 lightweight is on the way. s35 blade (nice). Otherwise it's pretty simple: no liner, black fiberglass scales, back lock. I'm also investing in the Sharpmaker. I read that this was the first Spyderco product before they ever made a knife.
Awesome. I've bought a sharpmaker a couple of weeks ago. Have barely used it except for today; messed around a little with an edge on my Mora. Seems to be a pretty nice simple sharpener.

today my native. current favorite is my Cold Steel Mini Lawmen but it needs a sharpening and I can't seem to get the point sharpened correctly on my Spyderco sharpener:(

Para 3 is on Massdrop for 119.97 including shipping to US locations. I know that is the same price that all of the knife vendors charge, but they are including a bag. You can delete the bag and get $15 off of the knife. So $104.97. I just want to know if it is coming from Spyderco directly or from a vendor, and if it is from a vendor which one.

IMG_2481.JPG
No Spyderco today for a change.
Carrying my Viper Start. Really like this knife, it's just kind of large so it doesn't get carried often.

This week a Kutmaster Peanut, a 34OT Stockman and a Ranger Stockman! And a Camper SAK in a belt sheath!
My folder is a Kershaw Speed safe!

Top Bottom