What's new

What now?

Some of you offered advice on my purchase of an Ikon B1 Standard razor. Some may have read about the disappointing condition of that razor at Ikon B1 Standard Razor Sweet Deal - Should I?. I am still waiting to hear back from the vendor as to whether or not Ikon can send a replacement head. I am pretty sure that the answer will be no since their website and the sites of several vendors show it as out of stock. The vendor that I purchased the razor from has already seen my photos and has agreed to a full refund if that is my preference. He offered to contact Ikon or just do the return. I told him I would like him to contact Ikon first. The question is, once I get the refund what should I try to acquire next. I currently shave with an ATT R2 most of the time and it is great. I also have an R41 that I use for a week about once every 6 to 8 weeks and some Gilette New Types that I rarely use. I'd like to have a third razor to fit into the rotation, having just sold my 34C, but if it doesn't happen I am very happy with the ATT and pleased with the R41. I've looked at the Rockwell 6s, some used Asylum Evolutions (as well as a new one that has sold), the B1 standard, and some used Weber polished heads. I am also keeping my eyes open for deals on Charcoal Goods, PAA Stainless DOC's, and Timeless (preferably .91). Some of these are milder than what is in my normal rotation, but if the deal is good, I'll give one a try. The DOC and Ikon Standard would probably be close to what I am used to. The Timeless is a major long shot, but is probably just a little milder than the ATT. Sorry about the long explanation. Any thoughts on these? Am I missing any?

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Wow, sorry to see your purchase had such an ugly turn. To me the bend is obvious.

You seem to like aggressive razors, have you looked into the FaTip heads?

You seem to like aggressive razors, have you looked into the FaTip heads?
It seems that I do, not that I planned that. Still I remain open to a more moderate razor. I've given FatTip a quick look. Maybe I will look closer. Thanks.

Sorry man! Really up to you. The big choice is vintage or new IMO. Once you decide which route to go, then the options should become clearer.

If you like aggressive razors, the FatTip should work. I don't know what version of the R.41 you have but the original version was a beast.

Top Bottom