What's new

What is your favorite shower soap

What is your favorite shower soap? I would prefer to keep the discussion to bar soaps but if someone has a liquid or gel chim in. I just opened up a bar of Yardley English Lavender and it is great, good lather and a very hard soap. I am going to get some Lavender lye soap, nothing but you and your skin after a hard days work. If you have not tried lye soap you should give it a try, some tend to be harsh but most are very good. Thanks to B&B for bringing traditional.......... everything to light.

I've been using some HBS bath bars. They're not triple milled, so don't last, but lather very well and are nicely scented. I also like KMF olive oil bars for the winter.

I try to support my local soap producer. Owner sells at the local farmer's market at discounted prices, and it has been fun to try the various scents. I have found that I like the soaps which contain oatmeal...even though I feel that I am getting less soap when buying them. I especially liked the cinnamon clove oatmeal soap, but they have all have been good.
http://www.andersnaturalsoap.com/natural_soaps.php

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
I try to support my local soap producer. Owner sells at the local farmer's market at discounted prices, and it has been fun to try the various scents. I have found that I like the soaps which contain oatmeal...even though I feel that I am getting less soap when buying them. I especially liked the cinnamon clove oatmeal soap, but they have all have been good.
http://www.andersnaturalsoap.com/natural_soaps.php

+1

I also have a local soap maker and she makes a wide variety of soaps. They might be a bit more pricey than the usual bar of Dove or Ivory but, well worth the penny in my opinion.

I usually go for goatsmilk, coconut oil, olive or plain vegetable oil and was not disappointed so far.

Pre de Provence Sage. Oustanding scent...

Heck yeah, that's my fave too! I love the little scratchy bits of oatmeal in it...outstanding lather, scent rules, nice and moisturizing...*sigh*...

I also REALLY like the Musgo Real body bar, MWF (but just the lather and moisturiing...the scent....thumbs down...), Meyer's Basil, and I'm dying for some of the Claus Porto offerings, Deco, Banho, and Aguia in particular.

I've been using Grandpa's Wonder Pine Tar Soap. It's outstanding. :thumbup1:

I agree 100%! I've been using it almost exclusively for about three years now as my shower soap. I first heard about it and ordered it from the good folks at Rivendell Bicycle Works (rivbike.com). Can you believe that it's their #1 selling individual product? I can now buy it in the area from a couple of health food stores. You can also easily order it straight from Grandpa Brands. It works great as a shampoo as well.

Top Bottom