What's new

What is your favorite shaving brush?

I am really starting to dig on those Thaters. Where did you get yours? I looked at the site but don't speak much German so it was pretty indecipherable.

i don't speak much German either, and google translate does not do a good job on the German Forum, but id does just fine for the website.

the different scent (translated to english) is just an outstanding vendor. i got my order in something like 8 days, with a grab bag of samples no less!

Sigh... looks and handle:

proxy.php

Since I can only post one.

Regards.

J

This is a tough one to answer. I tend to use specific brushes with specific soaps/creams and even go as far as one brush with one specific soap or cream.

I'd say my favorites are my D01 Shavemac, 2006 B&B LE, B&BE and I have a custom on it's way from our own CooncatBob that I think will be the best looking brush in my collection.

Honestly, I can't say I have just one that I'd call my favorite.

I just got a Rooney 1/1 and like it, but I would prefer a little more handle length.If I could do it over I'd probably go for a 3/1 or the emilion.The handle on the style 3 looks almost identical to my old hofritz brushes purchased back in the 70,s and I wanted something different hence the style 1 purchase.

I've been pleasantly surprised by the performance of the Simpfix Emperor 3. It does creams and soaps, bowl and face lathering, is soft-tipped but still "firmish," has good flow-through, and the size is right. Gets a slight nod over the Duke 3 Best because of knot size and over the Rooney 2/1 because the handle is just a touch bigger.

I have just one brush so far, an Il Ceppo badger brush (made in Italy) with a heavy stainless steel handle that came as part of a set (with a bowl, 2-sided shave mirror and a matching heavyweight Mach 3 handle). My Merkur 38C fits perfectly on the hook for the razor, and looks pretty cool there even though it is slightly more silver in color. Anyway, the brush looks like best or super badger to me (it said "real badger", which doesn't really fit into any of the usual categories.) It feels great and works great, and I have no desire to look for any others at this time.

Enjoy!

Last edited:
Pre-Vulfix Simpson Duke 3 Best. I now own two, just in case. But then I'm one of those knuckle dragging soap using face latherers. :biggrin:

Pre Vulfix Simpson Tulip 3

full

(which has never shed a single hair! :w00t:)

That T3 looks just perfect. Thanks for sharing.

If my home caught on fire and I could only grab one brush, it would probably be my PL8 at far left. But it's a very hard call. Sort of like "Soapie's Choice"?

Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
OK I am going to get flamed for this !!!! LOL but actually my favorite brush is the one my wife gave me for Christmas....It is a Joris Ocean with a solid palladium handle.....God love her she walked into a local shop that carries brushes and not knowing what to ask for she just said give me your most expensive shaving brush..... I have to say though it has become my favorite brush not too floppy, doesn't shed and holds up well to soaps, holds more than ample water....and hey my wife loved me enough to drop that kind of cash for the handle!

+1 for Loving wives!

Top Bottom