What's new

What is your favorite set-up?

I have been using this setup for for about three months straight and I love it!!! The only thing that changes is the brush and sometimes the Aftershave.

Pre-Shave :pAA The Cube 2.0
Soap: Grooming Dept Aion
Brush: Paul H Films synthetic
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Mild ProTouch MG
Post Shave: Thayers WH Toner Rose Petal & Witch hazel splash
Aftershave : MAOL Frankenlime
Moisturizing: GD Rejuvenating Serum

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
I am very much a seasonal guy and have been consolidating the shave gear towards becoming a minimalist with everything but aftershaves.

so the favorite set up right now being winter is,

Razor: Vintage Gillette Trac II Handle with Wilkinson Sword Carts.

Brush: Plisson Synthetic.

Soap: Haslinger Schafmilch.

AS: Bootlegger’s El Dorado.

I am very much a seasonal guy and have been consolidating the shave gear towards becoming a minimalist with everything but aftershaves.
so the favorite set up right now being winter is,

Razor: Vintage Gillette Trac II Handle with Wilkinson Sword Carts.

Brush: Plisson Synthetic.

Soap: Haslinger Schafmilch.

AS: Bootlegger’s El Dorado.

The Trac II razor was my only razor when I discovered B&B. It was the only razor I used for years. I should have just stayed with it, could have saved myself a lot of money. I still put it in rotation once in awhile. Nice razor.

Trac II_5.JPG

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
The Trac II razor was my only razor when I discovered B&B. It was the only razor I used for years. I should have just stayed with it, could have saved myself a lot of money. I still put it in rotation once in awhile. Nice razor.

View attachment 1065320
While I enjoy shaving with a straight, DE, SE, I think I get my most enjoyable shaves from my tried and true Vintage Trac II.

I've bought and tried a lot of nice stuff so far (and I have more on the way), but if I had to choose what's working best from my current inventory, it would be...

Razor: Mühle R41 Twist
I love this razor. I haven't had anything else that shaves as closely in as few strokes. That said, I do also really like my Mühle Rocca R96 v4, and wouldn't shed a single tear if it were all I had.

Blade: Personne Med Prep
Sharp, smooth, and no irritation. And, most importantly for me, no wax dots!

Soap: Mr. Fine American Blend
This soap is slick slick slick and smells great. I've also found I can prep my face with the bloom water and skip my usual pre-shave cream.

Brush: Haircut & Shave 24mm synthetic
Comfy and whips up a nice lather. I like it way better than my Omega S-brush Synthetic and Simpson Berkeley Best Badger. Still, thinking I wouldn't mind a RazoRock 400 next.

Bowl: Timeless
It takes less than a minute to whip up a perfect lather in this bowl. What more could you want?

Aftershave: Clubman
This is my daughter's favorite, so I reach for it most often. I love that fresh clean barbershop smell!

IMG_1147.jpeg

I've bought and tried a lot of nice stuff so far (and I have more on the way), but if I had to choose what's working best from my current inventory, it would be...

Razor: Mühle R41 Twist
I love this razor. I haven't had anything else that shaves as closely in as few strokes. That said, I do also really like my Mühle Rocca R96 v4, and wouldn't shed a single tear if it were all I had.

Blade: Personne Med Prep
Sharp, smooth, and no irritation. And, most importantly for me, no wax dots!

Soap: Mr. Fine American Blend
This soap is slick slick slick and smells great. I've also found I can prep my face with the bloom water and skip my usual pre-shave cream.

Brush: Haircut & Shave 24mm synthetic
Comfy and whips up a nice lather. I like it way better than my Omega S-brush Synthetic and Simpson Berkeley Best Badger. Still, thinking I wouldn't mind a RazoRock 400 next.

Bowl: Timeless
It takes less than a minute to whip up a perfect lather in this bowl. What more could you want?

Aftershave: Clubman
This is my daughter's favorite, so I reach for it most often. I love that fresh clean barbershop smell!

View attachment 1066281

Nice set-up and a nice picture. I can't believe how few pictures have been posted in this thread.
I agree with you with the wax spots on blades. Messy to deal with.

Nice set-up and a nice picture. I can't believe how few pictures have been posted in this thread.
I agree with you with the wax spots on blades. Messy to deal with.

Thanks for that, and I agree we need more pics. I doubt this will be my only post in this thread, as I can't seem to stop buying stuff. I sincerely believe any of us could pick products at random and end up with great shaves.

Thanks for that, and I agree we need more pics. I doubt this will be my only post in this thread, as I can't seem to stop buying stuff. I sincerely believe any of us could pick products at random and end up with great shaves.

That's a problem with this hobby, you hear about a product and then you have to try it. I probably could have been very happy (as far as shaves are concerned) with my very first set-up. I had a Merkur 180 razor, a cheap badger brush, MWF soap, Feather blades.

That's a problem with this hobby, you hear about a product and then you have to try it. I probably could have been very happy (as far as shaves are concerned) with my very first set-up. I had a Merkur 180 razor, a cheap badger brush, MWF soap, Feather blades.
I agree 100%. I started with a Merkur 180, but now I have 16 DE razors and three straight razors - but after all that, I did find some near-perfect razors that do better than the 180 for me.

How does the 94r compare to their 26c open comb or to the Merkur closed comb heads in terms of efficiency?

The Parker 94R is a little more aggressive than the 26 or a Merkur solid bar razor. But not too aggressive. It's my favorite after trying many many razors.

This is a tough one but right now it’s;

Razor: Rex Envoy
Blade: Shark
Soap: B & M Russe
Balm: B & M Russe

Brush: Bottega Verde synthetic
Soap: Tabac stick
Razor: Rockwell 6S
Blade: it was Polsilver, now could be Nacet or Shark SS, not yet decided
AS: Nivea balm

Top Bottom