What's new

What is your favorite Safety razor?

Was an aristocrat but I lost it. Now it’s the fendrihan scientist ll. Just an all around great stainless razor at a great price. Probably the first razor I’ve ever had that doesn’t care what blades in it, although it shines with a prime and anything personna.

I use only Mühle R41, an exclusive arrangement since it arrived on my doorstep ~5 years ago (6th March). I shave daily with a Shark SS blade, which lasts me 7 days, and I enjoy the routine thoroughly.
It is an excellent instrument.

proxy.php

My favorite SE (at the moment) is my 1902 Kampfe Bros Star Lather Catcher.
View attachment 952036
My favorite DE (at the moment) is my 1906 Single Ring.
View attachment 952038

I like efficiency and blade feel -- in case, you hadn't figured it out ;)

I like the way you think. I have 2 of the Kampfe Bros Star Lather Catchers with the tin. One is American and the other is French that I found at an antique store in Paris last year. It's amazing how well they shave.

The Single Ring is another great choice. In my opinion it's one of the best razors that Gillette ever made.

My favorite razor is the one I used today which i hope will be surpassed by the one I use tomorrow. Life is good!

Maggard MR5 razor
handle length 85mm
handle diameter: 15mm
Handle Wt: 82g
Assembled Wt: 113g

Beautiful design and weight for 19 bucks. I have 3 different plates and heads ($21) for this razor rating from mild to aggressive.

Top Bottom