What's new

What is your favorite Gillette NEW?

It has been more than 3 years since I posted a picture of my favorite NEW, so I figured it was time for an update.
The British RFB (with original silver plating) gets more time in the rotation than all of my other NEWs combined. The handle is a stainless steel UFO Kaiser, although I also use a Weber bulldog. The brush is my latest acquisition: a Morris & Forndran (Brad Sears) 1XL with a Finest knot. The soap is my current favorite: Haslinger.
Long live the Gillette NEW!

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
It has been more than 3 years since I posted a picture of my favorite NEW, so I figured it was time for an update.
The British RFB (with original silver plating) gets more time in the rotation than all of my other NEWs combined. The handle is a stainless steel UFO Kaiser, although I also use a Weber bulldog. The brush is my latest acquisition: a Morris & Forndran (Brad Sears) 1XL with a Finest knot. The soap is my current favorite: Haslinger.

Stunning!

Graydog

Biblical Innards

NEW , Always NEW

Attachments

• 02-IMG_5445.JPG
    02-IMG_5445.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 45
  • 14-IMG_5457.JPG
    14-IMG_5457.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 41
  • 16-IMG_2246.JPG
    16-IMG_2246.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 43
I don't mess around with aftermarket handles - if I need moar weight I pull out my 3-piece NEW from the Richwood set.
Most of the time though, I pretty much enjoy the 2-piece NEW from my #88 set. Or the Canadian Regent NEW. :)

The British RFB (with original silver plating) gets more time in the rotation than all of my other NEWs combined. The handle is a stainless steel UFO Kaiser, although I also use a Weber bulldog.

The 3 piece RFB is my favorite head on any Gillette vintage razors as well. When I buy them, I like to buy the hollow end ball end handles best. However, in use, I prefer the weight of my Atlas handle. Would love to own a UFO some day.

Nice refloating

Nice as usual, Ed.

I am evolving I'm afraid, and I'm sorry for it.. I was a sucker for the RFB NEWs... but... lately the DeLuxe ones.. well, I looove them..

Like this one. A bit of a plate loss, a bitof a re-glueing, but... excellent shaver...

proxy.php

Graydog

Biblical Innards
Nice refloating

Nice as usual, Ed.

I am evolving I'm afraid, and I'm sorry for it.. I was a sucker for the RFB NEWs... but... lately the DeLuxe ones.. well, I looove them..

Like this one. A bit of a plate loss, a bitof a re-glueing, but... excellent shaver...

proxy.php

I miss Edgar ,anybody know what happened ?

Nice refloating

Nice as usual, Ed.

proxy.php

Agreed, my favorite Gillette razors. The English New razors are nice but to me the flat back New Deluxe razors are Gillette's best classics.

The Deluxe looks better but I need the added rigidity of the SC for a smooth, efficient ATG pass.

How added rigidity compared to either a Norfolk Tuckaway or a Red-Black removable handle New flat back? The head is actually thicker on the flat backs so should as rigid or moreso it looks like to me.

How added rigidity compared to either a Norfolk Tuckaway or a Red-Black removable handle New flat back? The head is actually thicker on the flat backs so should as rigid or moreso it looks like to me.

tapatalk_1476204383917.jpeg

Notice how the baseplate supports the blade close the edge in the top picture(NEW SC), while the blade support drops off in the bottom picture(NEW Deluxe). The blade is held more rigid in the SC.

Unfortunately, the SC can be found with 5 different caps. Caps from both Deluxe, the LC, prewar Tech, and the original SC cap, which is the most aggressive, same as the 15mm Deluxe.

Thanks for the info! I find a DeLuxe more efficient than a SC but never thought a AG pass with the former might lack rigidity. Next time I'll pay more attention and try to compare to a SC.

This is one is my favourite in my opinion its not too aggressive, right in the middle for efficiency & smoothness, sending it out tomorrow for replating in rhodium.

IMG_20170502_234356.jpg

Top Bottom