What is your EDC knife?

IMG_1199.jpg

IMG_1200.jpg

Ad Astra

The Instigator
^^^ These guys have some great knives!

:letterk1: Hard to compete. But:

proxy.php

Colonial Mark 1 Navy working knife. Actually have been stuffing this one in my belt, but I work outside.

Ironically, it's not that good a knife... but it is plenty historic, made by the same WWII maker.

I mean it's fine, steel-wise. It's smaller than it looks, simple plastic (of some sort - Tennite) handle, etc. Meant to do work that the fabled Ka-Bar does not - opening boxes, cutting lines etc. It can hammer nothing, but at least its tip won't snap like a Ka-Bar's does (if abused). A video shows it punching holes in a car roof. (yawn)

I stuck a ferro rod in the sheath, and it does throw a fine spark. And the ergos, with that mushroom-shaped pommel are actually very good - it reverses in hand nicely.

Maybe it's not that bad.

AA

Last edited:
Today's blades...

Keychain: Victorinox Manager with blue scales.
Multitool: Victorinox SwissTool X (sheath on hip, 4 o'clock position).
Fixed blade: Cold Steel Mini Tac Bowie (shoulder carry).
Wallet: Victorinox Swiss Card in blue. There's also a double-edged razor blade taped to a credit card.
Folder: Milwaukee FastBack hawkbill (left hip pocket) tip up.
Utility knife: Gerber EAB Lite (right hip pocket).
Loaner: Stanley Classic #99 box cutter.

In my backpack are spare blades for the utility knives, a backup fixed blade (Mora Clipper today), and a ceramic stick for in-field touchups.

Lady Zig's blades for today...
Keychain: Victorinox Classic SD in blue.
Right hip pocket: Spyderco Delica 4 in blue, tip up.
Multitool: Leatherman Rebar, left hip in a sheath.
Fixed blade: CRKT Minimalist Persian, neck carry.
Wallet: Victorinox Swiss Card in blue. She also keeps a single-edged razor blade taped to a credit card.

Last edited:
My EDC is a "custom" Benchmade Barrage Mini with the standard S30V steel, Carbon fiber scales, and black liners. It is gummed up from tape, or, I would take a photo. Maybe later. I want to sharpen it in the coming days anyway. Might drink a beer and do it this evening. I had a nice collection prior to 2012, when I moved from Germany to Indianapolis. Now I have just the Benchmade and a funky side opening snap-lock CRKT that was gifted me by a CRKT vendor many years ago. It is nothing special, but, fun to play with.

Mini Barrage is a great knife. Ironically, I have both; that bottom one takes considerable dexterity. Open oh-so-carefully... 😧

AA
I love my barrage. I debated which steel to have it made in, but, S30V seemed the best all around. I've had three Benchmade knives, and, the Mini Barrage is the best of the bunch.

My Snap-Lock is from around 2005 or so. I don't remember exactly when the first version came out, but, I have played with it for enough years that I can fling it about quite proficiently. It does take some dexterity.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I am glad to see this thread waking up a bit. I enjoy it. I have not been posting much because I have been carrying the same knife every day for a while now. I should NOT like this knife at all. I am a flipper guy, because I like the fast one-handed opening and closing. This knife does neither. It’s odd looking, has a weird shaped blade, and roughly finished scales. Not supposed to be my thing. And I have nicer knives than this. BUT I can not put it down. Just can’t. It’s the Spyderco Delica 4 Light. When I got my first Benchmade, you guys said “now you need a Spyderco”…. Enablers! I resisted until I couldn’t. Never wanted a Spyderco. Now I want ten more! Sharpest factory edge ever. Shaving sharp. Fits in the pocket and the hand very well. It’s a winner. I can not put it down. Enablers! 😜😎

0D9DD9F0-C683-47A9-8A15-3A414F15B8A2.jpeg

A CR is one knife that has always eluded me. Just never got around to buying one. 👎

I need to change that one day.

Excellent socks BTW.
A new Sebenza in CAN$$$$ is pretty frightening. I bought this one used way back during the big recession when our dollar went above US$.

Top Bottom