What's new

Cheap EDC recommendations

Iridian

Cool and slimy
I still like the Sanrenmu 1161 and the Ruike Hussar a lot. Different versions available for both.
collection.jpg

Good info here, and assisted open is a plus but not a requirement. I also agree I have liked my Kershaws more than the Spydercos, at least in the sub-$100 range, I am kind of interested in trying Civivi now if it is nicer
You might take a look at the Kershaw Iridium. It is around $60 at Amazon. The blade rides on ball bearings and is smooth.

I like my RAT2. Smokey Mountain Knife Works had told me that they were no longer being made.

Since then, I am finding them still online and on the Ontario Knife Works website.

For about $10 over the base AUS-8, you can get the D2 steel version, AKA the R2D2.

I think the RAT 2 is a great basic knife. It is an open back design with barrel spacers, which makes cleaning easy.

I have a Civivi knife and I think they make a very nice product. By far one of the best values in the $50 price range.

I also have a Kershaw Leek. I don't care for the assisted opening feature. I took the knife apart and removed the assist spring.

With most every modern design knife, opening them is a quick and easy one handed process. They also close far easier than with a spring assist.

Top Bottom