What's new

what is the deal with the Wilkinson sticky

I am not saying it is not a great razor. I do not know, but those of you who do, I am wondering other than it looking damn sexy, what makes this razor so expensive and do I want to endulge my RAD by adding one to my collection?

Scarcity value is the economic factor that increases an item's relative price based more upon its relatively low supply. Whereas the prices of newly-produced manufactured products depends mostly on the cost of production (the cost of inputs used to produce them, which in turn reflects the scarcity of the inputs), the prices of many goods -- such as antiques, rare stamps, and those raw materials in high demand -- reflects the scarcity of the products themselves.

Scarcity value is the economic factor that increases an item's relative price based more upon its relatively low supply. Whereas the prices of newly-produced manufactured products depends mostly on the cost of production (the cost of inputs used to produce them, which in turn reflects the scarcity of the inputs), the prices of many goods -- such as antiques, rare stamps, and those raw materials in high demand -- reflects the scarcity of the products themselves.

Okay

It is sexy, though! I still kick myself for passing on an ebay auction with one for $40 bucks a few years ago. :biggrin:

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
I believe around 8 to 10 have been offered for sale on ebay and various venues in the last year or so. They are unique, attractive, and well built with fairly innovative (and design award winning) style by a noted Industrial designer Kenneth Grange. They do NOT have a "Sticky" or tacky handle when wet as reported in error, but rather the nickname "Sticky" was devised by a shaving forum member. I believe they were always known as The Wilkinson Sword Razor. There have been at least 3 Sold via B&B introduction in the last 90 days which is an unusual amount at one time. A shaving forum member who usually posts on SMF owned 3 at one time I believe. At least one of them was the most complete mint set with entire original packaging I have seen.

Sorry, I'm an appraiser by trade. Value is my business!

My ignorance is not your fault. I am just a simple street cop.
I know "sexy" and "not so Sexy" and throw in something about law and that whole "criminal justice system" thing.
Other than that, I like to collect things and restore them. Back when I was in the private sector, I collected watches, then harleys, then guns, now vintage razors. I just like building a legacy for my kido.
Its just what I do to deal with stress.

It's not ignorance. It's every appraiser's tendency to over explain every detail in regards to attributes that contribute to value. If we didn't we'd get sued more.

Top Bottom