What's new

What is the deal with Birth Year razors?

I find it amazing that I can have a razor that is pretty much exactly as old as I am. Once I had one, I took it a step further. I have collected a razor for my birth year ('76), as well as my fathers ('55) and grandfathers ('27) birthyears. Now I'm in the process of collecting each type of razor that was made those years. I'm over halfway there. Once I get them all, I will be making a display case to mount them in. A Family/Gillette history of sorts.

Here's what I have so far:
1927 New Improved - Tuckaway
1955 (A4) Blue Tip Super Speed
1955 (A3) Ball End Tech
1955 (A3) Flare Tip Super Speed
1955 (A2) Red Tip Super Speed (Correct quarter, but no endcaps)
1976 (W1) Black Handled Super Speed
1976 (W3) Super Adjustable

As I find them, I will eventually swap out razors that have the correct quarter A2 & W2.

I'm only missing a few, most different ones from 1927, a 1976 Tech, and a 1955 aristocrat. But those are some of the hardest to find. I don't want to pay out the end for one from eBay either (at least not at this point, it may come to that later).

After this you'll have to collect conception quarter razors instead of birth quarter. That could get a little sticky though: "Grandma, you say dad was a few days early, which puts conception right around the end of March or beginning of April. Could you tell me when you and grandpa..."

Never mind. Bad idea.

Interesting. I never thought of getting a “birth razor.” I am always looking for a car however, made the year I was born. Clearly it’ll have to be a fixer-upper … kind of like me lol.
:wink2:

Interesting. I never thought of getting a “birth razor.” I am always looking for a car however, made the year I was born. Clearly it’ll have to be a fixer-upper … kind of like me lol.
:wink2:

there werent a lot of cool cars made in 1983 if any. even if there were im not interested in cars i have to smog.i think its funny to hear people say they have a muscle car when its just an 87' camaro with a little 305 or v6 with some wide tires on it.

its also harder for me to find a D3 razor than it is a car so it seems more fun to have a birth year razor. its also much much cheaper...... depending on how beat up ur car is lol

Top Bottom