What's new

What is one thing you wish you knew when you first started wet shaving?

If I could go back in time and meet myself when I first started wet shaving, I would slap my young self and say don't act macho and shave on the highest setting on the adjustable DE and the quicker you learn about angles on your face, the less cuts and blood spill you would have.

Started shaving at 16 with a straight, taught by dad. He also helped me with DEs also, later ..once a was efficient and consistent with my shaves.
I should known this was coming, when I saw he had a bedroom chest filled with razors.

Now, to answer the question:
I wish I started a specific shaving saving account (SSA) for my evolving razor addiction..years, years, back.....
So in short, a long term SSA for my long term RAD

Luckily my amazing wife is great with the finances. She helps the shave budget.
Also I try to stay self funded by sometimes selling off dust collectors and trying new.
Tough because I also support my brother and my dad with loaners ( or I buy them one) that sometimes never come back...

By hey, they are great and I would not have it any other way....
It is a family thing....
Cheers
BFX

After a few years with a Braun electric razor I started with a flip-top Wilkinson DE in my college days back in the Eighties - so the one thing I wish I'd known would probably have been Carol Vorderman's phone number.

Advice for myself? Stick with the DE and/or get a straight razor. Thirty years spent with cartridges now looks like lost time.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
I have definite preferences now for brush and razor choice. I could have saved a lot of money if I knew them from the start, but there is only one way to gain that information - buy a bunch of stuff and use it for a while. It's part of the journey.

Top Bottom