What's new

What is Manchurian Badger hair?

Curious to know if the Manchurian "haters" feel the same way about other companies and their "exclusive" hair types (i.e. Plisson etc) or is this just a disdain for Simpson?

I dont think any of the hatters are focusing their rage on Manchurian, I think most have been quite clear that there should be some kind of universal grading. Or save that, they should at least be able to point to some unique characteristic and explain the benefit of their premium grade. That however rarely happens.

At worst I think people are a bit frustrated with Simpson brushes having so much variability, when the Manchurians from all reports have very high quality control. While not super overpriced, Simpsons are priced at a point where they should be more uniform.

Curious to know if the Manchurian "haters" feel the same way about other companies and their "exclusive" hair types (i.e. Plisson etc) or is this just a disdain for Simpson?

I believe I am generally known as a Simpson fan boy. I dislike Ambiguity as a rule. I put up with it in Semogues because otherwise I wouldn't get to use what I feel are the best boar brushes around today. If I were in the market for shaving brushes these days, I may have put up with it for Simpsons. The last time I bought a brush, Manchurian meant buying second hand at a 50-100% or more premium over the same brush new in super, as well as waiting for a long time to find one. That was more than i was willing to do for a brush. Now that this hair that disappeared for so long is back (and in 2 band as well, I believe it was only 3 band previously), I want to know what the difference is.

I dislike that in certain fields keeping your customers in the dark is considered acceptable. You can't go to restaurant, order a steak and go "Wow this steak is incredible, it's like nothing I ever ate... where did you get it!" and get told "Oh that's High Mountain steak." "So it's raised in the mountains?" "Maybe." "What do you mean, 'Maybe'". "All you need to know is it's a better steak than our Prime steak or our Angus steak." "What the HELL DID I JUST EAT... WHERE'S LITTLE TIMMY? YOU MANIACS!"

Top Bottom