What's new

What is an Unpopular or Disparaged Blade You Like?

A while back, I bought a few hundred Gillette Minora blades just because they were extremely cheap, under $8 for 200 units. But over time, it turned out to be some of the best blades I've ever used. They are sharp, smooth and very durable. I will now order another 1000 and be done with this type of supplies.

Last night I shaved with the Gillette Wilkinson Sword (India) in the saloon pack and found it to be sharp AND smooth. They don't last for 10+ shaves the way blades like 7 o'clock black or KCG seem to. Pretty much done by 3rd shave. But they are sharp right out of the wrapper, give a really nice shave and only cost about 5 cents each. They come out low in blade comparisons - but they seem much sharper to me (at least on the first shave) than many of the higher ranked blades. Makes me wonder if the newer batches (mine are 2023) are better than those that got bad reviews. Mystery to me why they don't get more praise.
1715698441775.png

Last edited:
A while back, I bought a few hundred Gillette Minora blades just because they were extremely cheap, under $8 for 200 units. But over time, it turned out to be some of the best blades I've ever used. They are sharp, smooth and very durable. I will now order another 1000 and be done with this type of supplies.
Let me know if you see that deal again :eek2: They are about $30 for 100 blades right now.

Last night I shaved with the Gillette Wilkinson Sword (India) in the saloon pack and found it to be sharp AND smooth. They don't last for 10+ shaves the way blades like 7 o'clock black or KCG seem to. Pretty much done by 3rd shave. But they are sharp right out of the wrapper, give a really nice shave and only cost about 5 cents each. They come out low in blade comparisons - but they seem much sharper to me (at least on the first shave) than many of the higher ranked blades. Makes me wonder if the newer batches (mine are 2023) are better than those that got bad reviews. Mystery to me why they don't get more praise.
View attachment 1846204
Anything like the Indian Astra SP?

Last night I shaved with the Gillette Wilkinson Sword (India) in the saloon pack and found it to be sharp AND smooth.
Anything like the Indian Astra SP?
I find it sharper than Astra SP - at least on the first shave (do the SP get sharper after the first?) but this is puzzling for me - most people in the forums rate Astra SP fairly high and they are just "meh" for me so I really haven't shaved much with Astra. I wonder if my soap, prep, skin and beard are just different? Or do I have a bad batch of Astra and an extra good batch of the Indian Wilkinson?

When I have used Astra, the SS seems more similar than the SP -- and the Astra is still shaving about the same (which is "meh" for me) on 5th or 7th shave while the Indian Wilkinsons are slowing down after shave 2 or 3. Most people toss the Indian Wilkinsons after the 2nd shave - I get a decent 4th out of them but they are so cheap there is no need to push them.

Top Bottom