What's new

What is a good CHEAP silvertip or best badger brush?

I'll recommend to you what I recommend pretty much everybody here:

A Vulfix 660S in Super.

It is very nice and soft, if a bit small. The knot holds a good amount of lather though. A definite recommendation from me!

I feel like there's a number of strong value brushes nowadays, so maybe its a good thing this thread got resurrected! Yaqi & Stirling like you guys mentioned, Maseto, Maggard... it seems like there are so many inexpensive knots that perform well, it almost becomes the handle that makes for a pricey brush (don't get me wrong though, I do love my artisan brushes)

Im looking to buy another brush and currently use omega and semogue, any suggestions on a good cheap silver tip brush?( 40 bucks or less preferably)
I use the house brand sold by shaving.ie. The first one they sent starting shedding after only a few months; they replaced it free of charge no questions asked. I have been using the second one (with no shedding!!) for many years. Great seller, great product.

Usually I prefer Finest ( aka Best) Badger knots, but I have a couple of good Silvertip.
My favs are Maseto and Frank Shaving.
Very nice too are Oumo and Ace Shaving.

I saw a listing for a Silvertip knot for $2.99 shipped, I thought there is no way this could be real but it arrived yesterday and I installed it in a old Ever Ready handle and it is a decent brush. The top had been trimmed and it looked like a second. They are no more at this price but bargains can be had on Ebay.

CD9755B5-8396-4F8E-89B9-A2F06461C392.jpeg
Stirling 26mm finest is my recommendation. Highly under rated and a steal at right around $30, less if you get it on sale

Top Bottom