What's new

What is a good CHEAP silvertip or best badger brush?

Im looking to buy another brush and currently use omega and semogue, any suggestions on a good cheap silver tip brush?( 40 bucks or less preferably)

I'm not sure if you've only tried the Omega boar hair brushes, but I've heard good things about their silvertips. Their is a travel brush on Maggard's site in your price range. There is also a Frank Shaving and Fine brush, although I haven't heard much about either of these brand's brushes. I would look into some Simpsons best in your range, as well.

Also, check out Whipped Dog, they get lots of attention here.

Whipped Dogs are very nice for the price. If you face lather or want to, I'd recommend a lower loft. I have a 20mm at 45mm loft as a traveler, and a 24/48 for the house.

Pretty much just whipped dog for silvertips in that price range. Vintage blades 2 band are a good deal too.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
Do you want good or do you want cheap? Both together is virtually impossible.

I've heard lots of good things about Whipped Dog silvertips.

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
Simpson Special Best and Vintage Blades both in your price range. My Special is one of my favorite out of 19 brushes. Never tried the VB, but based on all the great love they get here, I can recommend it. A VB medium will probably be my next purchase

Last edited:
I appreciate the feedback, I have wanted a simpsons for a while, just didn't want to come off the wallet. I will deff have to check out the whipped dog brushes. I have heard nothing but good stuff about them.
@kw driver, i do face lather. Would the 24/48 be a good option?

Whipped Dog Silvertip 24mm set with a 48mm is for me a very luxurious face lather brush. It is silky smooth with zero scritch that I can detect and produces fantastic lather - I enjoy it a lot.

Whipped Dog Silvertip 24mm set with a 48mm is for me a very luxurious face lather brush. It is silky smooth with zero scritch that I can detect and produces fantastic lather - I enjoy it a lot.

Yep, that just about covers it. It was my go to at the house for a couple years, until I got a SOC two-band.

Do you want good or do you want cheap? Both together is virtually impossible.

I've heard lots of good things about Whipped Dog silvertips.

I think he means a "low priced" silvertip Badger brush, where is a good place to get the Whipped Dog silvertips?

If you are unsure - please Email Larry - he is very helpful and friendly and will definitely assist you in finding the right brush for you.

I have a Frank's shaving silver tip. I cannot compare it with anything else but it is very nice. Soft and luxurious.

I ordered an omega 637 silver tip which is a 23mm with 56 loft. I think it will do for now and it was only 60 bucks. Also got a dovo straight blade from lynn abrams and I'm curious to try it out when it gets here and see if it really is the cats meow. I can tell already there will be more brushes and razors in the future for me. Next time I want to get a simpsons or savile row :)

I think you've done well with the Omega. I own and use a 636 and a 6212, both very soft and luxurious. The 637, being sized in between those two, should be just about perfect.

Top Bottom