What's new

What hone(s) to start with?

That's funny. i had a thought the other day the Coticules were analog, and synthetics were digital. Weak analogy, I know, but I'm an analog guy in a digital world.

That's where I got mine... probably the best site around for indvidually unique items. So much work went into the photos and write ups.

Hoping it shows up tomorrow! :drool:

I got my cotis from Jarrod as well. Great service there, just tell him what you want it to do, and how you want it to act and he'll take care of it.

I've been happy using coticules. I have a two sided diamond plate that I bought for planes years ago (EZE hone) that works great for heavy work on ebay specials, and I do everything else on the coti. It is a long shallow learning curve to be sure, and I am still improving, but I regularly shave on blades that I have brought back to life with the coticule and get good shaves from them.

Not having used the other hones I have no way to compare, but the sound and feel of the coti make the process addictive.

Got my latest from Jarrod at Superior and he is great to work with.

Thanks for all the replies.

Member life2short1971 PM'd me, and offered me a barely uesd Naniwa 3/8K 12K set for a good price, so I will go for them to start with.
I know my self well enough, that I know I probably will get a coti at some point to, but now I get something to start out with.

Thanks!

Top Bottom