What's new

What have you “settled on”?

Muhle across the board. Razor. Blade. Brush. Soap. Aftershave balm. 1 pass shave. Best shave.

Martin soap.
Cella soap.
Caswell Massey for fancy soap.
Sebum gold for daily use.

Plisson shavette.
What caused your recent shift to Sebum Gold as your daily driver? Your prior posts talk mostly about Cella (it is still in your signature & you have kilos of it per earlier posts), Stirling Sheep, Dove (you've posted that this is your best soap) and Williams (3 puck grated into a mug). Very little mention of Sebum gold until now beyond listing it in your soap inventory.

P.S. How have you found the Sebum Gold compares to your other shaving soaps?

Razor: Timeless Ti (.68 for daily, .95 if I miss a day)

Brush: Trafalger T3 (Semogue 1305 if I'm feeling Boar)

Soap: Barrister and Mann Omnibus (take your pick for scent. I have 31 tubs, one for each day if the month)

Aftershave: Barrister and Mann matching splash.

Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper (standard weight)

Blade: Astra. Maybe Nacet. All blades seem the same to me and I use 10-15 others, but those 2 the most probably.

Shower for prep,
Proraso green soap pretty much every day,
Straight razor every day haven’t bought a blade in years,
Yaqi 22mm 2 band badger Segrada Familia daily, great brush,
Taylor’s sandalwood aftershave daily.
I may very occasionally vary things but this is what I use 99% of the time.

What caused your recent shift to Sebum Gold as your daily driver? Your prior posts talk mostly about Cella (it is still in your signature & you have kilos of it per earlier posts), Stirling Sheep, Dove (you've posted that this is your best soap) and Williams (3 puck grated into a mug). Very little mention of Sebum gold until now beyond listing it in your soap inventory.

P.S. How have you found the Sebum Gold compares to your other shaving soaps?
Use what you’ve got. Everything else shave den.

Sebum you should contact Richard if you want to know more about the soap making process.

Proraso White Sensitive Shaving Soap, Merkur 34C razor, Astra SP blades, German synthetic brush and 99% aloe vera as aftershave (as 100% expires too quickly)

I doubt that for me it will ever be settled, but for the last few months it has narrowed down considerably, with the main theme being 'milder but efficient'. Most frequent saves are:

Razor - alternates between Karve CB with B, C, or occasionally D depending on how my neck feels, and Timeless SS with titanium handle and .68 plate. Razor changes with a blade change, every 5 or 6 shaves. Sometimes extends to a longer streak. There is an Overlander in the mail, and I expect the rotation will increase to 3.
Blade - usually Nacet. Occasionally Astra green.
Soap - MWF about 80% of shaves. Second choice is Santa Maria Del Fiore.
Brush - Rotation of boars: currently Omega 49, Semogue 1305, 830, and Razorock. One day then a good dryout. Synthetic if i'm in a hurry.
AS - Floid "the Genuine" about 80% of my shaves. Favourite alternate is Santa Maria del Fiore.

Cheers.
Who do you purchase your Floid from? Also I know they got rid of the Floid Black but I keep hearing different things about whether the genuine, vigoroso, and suave are shutting down as well or not? Lots of places are out of stock but it looks like some still have it. Kind of like when Master was running dry but I hope not. Thanks for any info!

Hmm, what I've 'settled on' is always going to be a relative thing.

I've lost count of how many times on this wet shaving journey I've used some new thing and been like 'yup, everybody else pack it up and go home, I'm good' 😝

So, I try not to get carried away anymore. No more sudden declarations of some random awesome thing being 'the one'. In every case, I've always proven myself wrong by stumbling over something even better.

Having said that, I do find myself going through what I'd call phases. Returning to the same blade, soap, etc. for extended periods even if I hesitate to consider them 'final'.

At the moment, my current phase looks like this:

Razor: RR Mentor
Blade: Bic CP
Brush: RR Plissoft
Soap: Caties Bubbles Le Nude
Cologne: Proraso Azur Lime

Make this thread again in six months and all those are likely to be different. :)

Who do you purchase your Floid from? Also I know they got rid of the Floid Black but I keep hearing different things about whether the genuine, vigoroso, and suave are shutting down as well or not? Lots of places are out of stock but it looks like some still have it. Kind of like when Master was running dry but I hope not. Thanks for any info!
I got mine from Italian Barber. They carry the Genuine, Vigoroso, Black, and Suave, but I just checked and they're all out of stock right now. Same with Top Of The Chain.

Top Bottom