What's new

What Hair Products Did You Use Today?

MU005-2.jpg

Murray's Hair Glo pomade

Similar to Murray's Super Light pomade, but with a tighter hold, Murray's Hair Glo is some good stuff from 1925. I threw in one scoop of Hair Glo on top of yesterday's build up. It's difficult to shower with only good arm. This stuff makes it easy. My blond hair is looking amazingly shiny today. I've got the Colin Clive look to my hair today.

Ingredients:
  • Petrolatum.
  • Lanolin.
  • Coconut oil.
  • Fragrance.

royal.jpeg

Royal Crown Pomade

I'm using Royal Crown Pomade today. This pomade is different from the Royal Crown Hairdressing, which is the stuff I love. They both have the same ingredients, but the pomade has a lot more hold. I don't like it because it clumps my hair too much.

RC pomade reminds me of a firm version of Brylcreem. It has a nice scent, and decent hold. I'm using it alone today. My hair looks really nice with this pomade in it. Johnny Cash loved Royal Crown Pomade. Elvis Presley used the Royal Hair Dressing along with a lot of other pomades. I used one healthy scoop of Royal Crown Pomade today. The shine of my hair is blinding with this stuff in it.

Ingredients:
Petrolatum, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Fragrance.

large_a6d48749-6207-437f-a44a-1ef6208ef1a3.JPG

images.jpeg

VO5 Shampoo & VO5 conditioner

This is good shampoo and conditioner! I bought this stuff a couple a days ago at Walmart after doing research for septic tank friendly shampoos and conditioners. Not only is VO5 shampoo and conditioner dirt cheap, they also leave my blond hair feeling, smelling and looking incredibly good. This is amazing stuff. In the past, I used to use VO5 Hairdressing. This stuff was like pomade and very similar to Royal Crown Hairdressing, but more expensive. But the VO5 Shampoo and Conditioner is top notch stuff. I'm very pleased with both. VO5 Hairdressing is classic stuff that has been around since at least the 1960s. The scented VO5 shampoos and conditioners are a newer addition and quite excellent in their own right.

hair.jpeg

Life update: I'm in a new place now that has a septic tank, and I won't be able to use pomade any longer without potentially messing it up. It's a shock for me, as I've been using pomade for ages, and I can't imagine living without it. The stuff has opened the doors for me in all areas of my life, starting with massive amounts women approaching me when I'm wearing the oil based pomade. So many nights studying in libraries and coffee shops with pomade in my hair. Girls/women would approach me, and it was something I never got fully accustomed with. I liked being approached, but I sometimes didn't when it become an all the time type of thing. It didn't help just looking away from them. They would still approach me whether I wanted them to or not.

Without the pomade, I feel like I landed on Mars. It's kind of jarring to be without it. Thankfully, I have a large number of flat caps that I've been collecting - and not wearing - for the past year. Now I finally get a chance to wear them. I think I look incredible with them on, but it's still not the same as wearing pomade. The looks, the scent and the whole feeling I get when I'm using pomade is hard to replace. No matter where I was at, things would positively for me when I had pomade in my hair. Women would throw themselves at me, and I never had to go out and meet them like most guys. They would come to me. That part of my life I'm not worried about. I've got my beautiful Anne Bankcroft look alike girlfriend, and I'm completely happy with her. She looks like the real Anne Bankcroft from the movie, 'The Graduate.' I always wanted a girlfriend that looked like her since I saw that movie several years ago. I wasn't around when the movie came out in the 60s. Anyway, She doesn't care whether I use pomade or not, but I care. I'm just not good with the way my hair looks when I'm not using pomade. Oh well, I'm going to be wearing flat caps 24/7, and keeping my hair covered up. I like using pomade because it straightens out my blond hair, making it straight and pinned down completely. If you have curly hair, you know what I'm talking about It's so annoying. The difference in my life for when I'm wearing pomade and when I'm not is dramatic. Women are throwing themselves at me when I'm wearing the stuff, and I feel invisible when I'm not using it. With that said, I haven't been wearing my flat caps long enough for me to know what the effect is going to be on the opposite sex. In looking at the mirror, I think I still look like a movie star with a flat cap on, but less like a 1920s matinee idol obviously. I'm living with my girlfriend now. I'm not sure how long we'll stay at this place but I imagine long enough to where I'm going to have to deal with growing up a little and not focusing so much on my Hollywood movie star looks.

Last edited:
Top Bottom