What's new

What Hair Products Did You Use Today?

bax.jpeg

Baxter of California Clay pomade

Considered the gold standard of clay pomades, Baxter of California is a real gem among the clays. I'm using just a small finger tip of Baxter of California today on my golden blond hair. It's surprising how much texture this stuff has. It's good stuff. No shine though, but decent pomade. The price is out of this world high at $20 per 2 oz glass jar, but it's alright because you don't need very much. I can get the same amount of volume and texture out of a $3 tin of Murray's Superior pomade, but oh well. I prefer Murray's but this stuff is still pretty good. I've tried a bunch of clays, and none of them compare to Baxter's of California Clay.

I'm going crazy not being able to use pomades. I figure Baxter of California Clay won't destroy our septic tank if I use just a small amount of this stuff. A lot of different oils in this product, as well as wax and petrolatum.

INGREDIENTS
PETROLATUM, CERA ALBA / BEESWAX, BENTONITE, ETHYLHEXYL STEARATE, AQUA / WATER, KAOLIN, HYDROGENATED CASTOR OIL, PEG-7 GLYCERYL COCOATE, RICINUS COMMUNIS OIL / CASTOR SEED OIL, VP/VA COPOLYMER, CETEARETH-25, GLYCERIN, PVP, PEG-16 MACADAMIA, GLYCERIDES, SILICA, PHENOXYETHANOL, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, FOENICULUM VULGARE OIL / FENNEL OIL, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, SALVIA OFFICINALIS / SAGE OIL, ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN, HEXYLENE GLYCOL, PARFUM / FRAGRANCE, LIMONENE, CITRAL, SORBIC ACID, TOCOPHEROL, OLETH-20, CITRONELLOL, GERANIOL, LINALOOL.

VO5 Shampoo & conditioner.

I'm also wearing a stingy brim fedora. This is the same brand hat that Stallone wore in his Rocky movies. I'm going for a more mature look today with this classic fedora. Stallone looks great in it in Rocky 1.

wool-felt-diamond-crown-fedora-hat.jpg

rocky.jpeg

The Hey Joe Super Strong pomade that Marco is using looks like an interesting product. No oils or petrolatum, as far as I can tell. This might be a possibility for me to use that won't damage my septic tank. I've been told by the service people that no hair oils, waxes are petrolatum should be used with the septic system. Hey Joe might be an option for me. Most of the other water based pomades contain at some oil and wax, which rules them out for me to use.

12/5/18
J.R. Liggett's Coconut & Argan Oil Shampoo Bar
Lucky Tiger 3 Purpose Hair Tonic

12/6/18

12/7/18

Top Bottom