What's new

What French Press do you have?

I got a Bodum 1 cup french press for Christmas and I was just wondering... What brand/size french press do those here have?

So far I quite enjoy it, but I could see it being problematic if I wanted to brew a guest a cup of coffee too. Being one cup at a time. Would it be beneficial to have a larger one as well?

Granted, I don't have people over often, so it wouldn't be a major concern.

I have the Bodum Kenya. I got it on sale via Amazon about a year ago. I only used it for making coffee when I had guests. All the internal bits are metal. No plastic contacts the coffee, and that's why I bought that model. I liked the Bialetti Musa for daily use. That was in the US, anyway. I couldn't bring all that with me when I moved to the UK, so I'm rebuilding my tea and coffee setup here.

-Andy

Last edited:
I have a Bodum Bistro that makes two cups. It works well but I am thinking of getting a larger one for company.

I'll probably go with Bodum for the larger one too.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
I have a larger Bodum (dunno the model name) that is insulated. It is shiny metalic, and holds about 5 mugs of coffee (although I usually make 3 mugs for myself on a Saturday morning ... 5 is for company.)

Bistro Nouveau, 8 cup

I rarely use it for anything > 2 cups but it was the cheapest and locally available. After half a year of daily use no sign of wear.

I've got the stainless Bodum 8 cup from Starbucks. Don't use it much anymore due to time constraints. I use my Keurig now.

I use a Bodum 12 cup almost every morning but I'm thinking of picking up a 13 cup Chemex for variety.

If you do buy a chemex, I strongly recommend the 30oz. version.

The Chemex is one brew method where shape and proportion really DO matter.

The 30oz. is the "right" size, if you will.

If you do buy a chemex, I strongly recommend the 30oz. version.

The Chemex is one brew method where shape and proportion really DO matter.

The 30oz. is the "right" size, if you will.

I currently have a 40oz. that makes great coffee but I need a little bigger pot for weekday mornings. They make a 65oz. that I've been looking for on Ebay but there haven't been any good deals.

Hmm. Sounds like a lot do have a > 1 cup version. Perhaps I will look into the Ikea one for when company is over.

The 1 cupper is perfect for me on weekday mornings though :) Plus I love that it's all glass and metal and can be taken apart for cleaning.

A Bodum 2 cup and the IKEA. I find myself using the IKEA even if I am only making a cup of coffee, eaiser to clean in my opinion.

I drink two large mugs of coffee each morning with breakfast.

I started with a 17 oz. (4 cup) Bodum Kenya a few years ago but found it only makes enough to fill one large mug at a time. I broke the glass in the sink when washing it and found it was cheaper to buy a new press rather than replace the glass.

I bought a 34 oz. (8 cup) Bodum Brazil which is large enough for two mugs. I decant the second into a preheated thermos to drink later.

I don't see how you could get 4 or 8 cups out of these, they must be awfully small cups.

Top Bottom