What's new

What Fragrance, Family of Fragrances and Group of Fragrances Do You Use The Most?

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Just wondering what fragrance, or family of fragrances, you use more that any other.

Single fragrance, for me, is Original Stetson.

Family of fragrances would be Pinaud Clubman.

Group of fragrances is Vetiver.

How about you? :)

Last edited:
Just wondering what fragrance, or family of fragrances, you use more that any other.

Single fragrance, for me, is Original Stetson.

Family of fragrances would be Pinaud Clubman.

Group of fragrances is Vetiver.

How about you? :)

Single fragrance, for me, is - Jovoy Psychédélique

Family of fragrances would be - Guerlain

Group of fragrances are - Tobacco & Patchouli

Mostly attars and oud these days. Sandalwood, rose, musk and ambergris feature strongly. I have about 40 EDTs but rarely use them - Bois de Cedrat gets some summer use..

Well, not truly a frag family, rather I find Penhaligon's the be my most complete, unique and sophisticated family brand of frags!

penhaligon stack 2.jpg

Great collection sir.

I was thinking the same thing! Pretty much an old school collection, too. Except for the Juniper Sling and Sartorial. That is the biggest bottle of BB I have seen! I am not at all sure I love all the new pointy animal heads.

Is that back row, second from the left, Castile? There's an under appreciated scent.

I was thinking the same thing! Pretty much an old school collection, too. Except for the Juniper Sling and Sartorial. That is the biggest bottle of BB I have seen! I am not at all sure I love all the new pointy animal heads.

Is that back row, second from the left, Castile? There's an under appreciated scent.

the BB bottle is the 500ml aftershave.
yes, castile does not get it's due.
hard for me to say just what is 'old' vs 'new' school!
i'm not a fan of the animal heads, either!

penhaligons castile rooney puma july 4 2019.jpg

hard for me to say just what is 'old' vs 'new' school!

I was just going by my memory of release dates, rather than styles.

Seems to me that when first started hang around B&B, Pen's had had pretty much the same line-up for a long time, with some comings and goings--Duoro, became Lords, and then seemed to disappear for a while before re-emerging as Duoro; LP No. 9 came out, was withdrawn, and then came back in masculine and feminine versions, and then disappeared again, as I recall. I wonder if I can recall what I thought of as the original line-up? BB, HB, Castile, Duoro, Racquets, Quercas, Opus 1870, English Fern. Elixir was sort of an updated HB, and I do not know how long it was around. I thought was a great scent. Camphor note, which was unusual. I am not sure when Endymion came in. It may have been there for a long time. I think I am leaving at least a couple out.

Then, as I recall, Sartorial came out as brand new scent. Then maybe Juniper Sling and a couple of revised scents. Then an explosion of new and maybe revived Pens scents that I cannot possibly keep up with. Sort of degrades the brand to me! Racquets, famously discontinued, which I, too, think was a shame.

I was just going by my memory of release dates, rather than styles.

Seems to me that when first started hang around B&B, Pen's had had pretty much the same line-up for a long time, with some comings and goings--Duoro, became Lords, and then seemed to disappear for a while before re-emerging as Duoro; LP No. 9 came out, was withdrawn, and then came back in masculine and feminine versions, and then disappeared again, as I recall. I wonder if I can recall what I thought of as the original line-up? BB, HB, Castile, Duoro, Racquets, Quercas, Opus 1870, English Fern. Elixir was sort of an updated HB, and I do not know how long it was around. I thought was a great scent. Camphor note, which was unusual. I am not sure when Endymion came in. It may have been there for a long time. I think I am leaving at least a couple out.

Then, as I recall, Sartorial came out as brand new scent. Then maybe Juniper Sling and a couple of revised scents. Then an explosion of new and maybe revived Pens scents that I cannot possibly keep up with. Sort of degrades the brand to me! Racquets, famously discontinued, which I, too, think was a shame.

interesting history! thanks!

here are the old school pen's in the den here...

penhaligons colognes.jpg

Nice collection. And you do have Douro, in both Douro and Lords formats. Limes Extract is an interesting one. That may have been one Pens said had been discontinued that Pens brought back.

Do you have a favorite or two? I would say that I definitely do have two favorites.

Top Bottom