What's new

What do you wear every day?

I have tried a few scents; Floris Limes, TOBS Victorian Lime, Blenheim Bouquet, Penhaligon Quercus. So far what I always turn to is Floris Limes. It's light, smells great and never overpowers. And for me it lasts pretty much most of the day.

I also like Quercus. But I don't have more than a sample.

So what's your go-to?

Depends on my mood, but more & more I'm becoming a sandalwood guy.

I tend to favor the B&B cologne. I also have a couple of goodies showing up, hopefully this week: Yardley Sandalwood, Le Jardin Retrouve Eau de Sandalwood and a decant of Tam Dao (courtesy of Rorschuck :thumbsup:).

You mean you can wear the same cologne every day? :biggrin: I tend to wear different scents according to mood and time of year.

Can you give some examples of this approach?

If I have meetings with clients I wear something subtle like Penhaligons English Fern or Guerlain Mouchoir De Monsieur. If I have a date with my girlfriend than I wear something that projects more such as MPG Santal Noble or Santa Maria Novella Eva.

At the moment I'm wearing a lot of Eau Sauvage Fraicheur Cuir but once that's gone it will be Czech & Speake #88 (OR Penhaligon's Douro via a freebie givaway at Basenotes).

I vary day to day. It will depend on my mood and the time of year. With winter upon us, I tend toward C&S 88, Diptyque Tam Dao, Hermes Terre de Hermes and Floris Santal. If the day is a bit warmer (which is always a possibility here in the South), I might use TOBS Sandalwood or Penhaligon's Opus 1870.

My choices will change in the spring and summer months.

I vary day to day. It will depend on my mood and the time of year. With winter upon us, I tend toward C&S 88, Diptyque Tam Dao, Hermes Terre de Hermes and Floris Santal. If the day is a bit warmer (which is always a possibility here in the South), I might use TOBS Sandalwood or Penhaligon's Opus 1870.

My choices will change in the spring and summer months.

I need to try Tam Dao! I hear lots of good stuff about it. I guess I need to experiment with scents. I also need to order decants! :)

My regular everyday splash is Aqua Velva Classic Ice Blue or Aqua Velva Musk aftershaves . I have been trying samples of the more expensive aftershaves and colognes sparingly for more special occasions, but I'm almost out. I really need (want) to get more A/S.

I really like Penhaligon's English Fern and Creed's Irish Tweed.
I just made a trade for some L'Occitane Cade, Spanish Floid Mentolado Suave and TOBS Mr. Taylor aftershaves. Looking forward to trying them.

At the end of the month I'm staying at a hotel that has a shop that sells Penhaligon's products, so I'll be picking up some English Fern for sure! That will be a treat.

But for everyday, I still really like the Aqua Velva Classic Blue.
After all, "there's something about an Aqua Velva man". :biggrin:

Either at work or at play, these two get quite a bit of action from me.

Have you ever tried them together? Not on the same spot, of course. I find they compliment each other really well! Slightly vanilla/slightly cedar...mostly wonderful. I love this combo for dates in the cooler months. :001_smile

I also don't have a single go-to. I really enjoy Pen's English Fern, so I wear it quite often. Aramis' Havana Reserva sees a lot of use, as well. There are so many others...I agree with Austin, it depends on my mood, the time of year, and the occasion.

If I have meetings with clients ... Guerlain Mouchoir De Monsieur.

I have to raise one eyebrow a bit here: that's a bold choice, it seems to me, for clients: I get (and I know I'm not alone) pretty noticable, uh, fecal notes in there with the lavender. It intrigues me, but it repulses me a bit too (but maybe that's a good thing for you!);... just my three-point-five eurobits.

As to the main topic of conversation, my scent changes according to the weather and my mood, as well as the occasion and what I'm wearing.

In these cooler months, to the office it's been mostly these so far this winter:

Winter Woods, Sonoma Scent Studio
Santal Noble, MPG
Vie de Chateau, Parfums di Nicolai
Cambridge & Oxford, Czeche & Speake
New York, PdN
Sandalwood, AOS
Fumerie Turque, Serge Lutens
Douro, Penhaligon's
3rd Man, Caron
George Sand, MPG

I'm sure there are a few I've missed... :biggrin:

i cannot conclusively narrow this down to one, so ill say the cheap aftershaves: pinaud clubman stuff/different skin bracers/AV/etc.

I have to raise one eyebrow a bit here: that's a bold choice, it seems to me, for clients: I get (and I know I'm not alone) pretty noticable, uh, fecal notes in there with the lavender. It intrigues me, but it repulses me a bit too (but maybe that's a good thing for you!);... just my three-point-five eurobits.

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

You make me laugh. I don't know where you got your bottle but it must not have been pleasant.

Top Bottom