What's new

What do you think of Omega S-line?

Hello,

Does anybody uses or enjoys an Omega Synthetic S-Line? I don't see many comments on this line.

Can someone describe its characteristics ?

P.s. Honestly I don't see comments on Epsilon, shavemac, Semouge or zenith synthetic series. It is Yaqi, Muhle, Apshave mostly.

Cheers

Reactions: Kix
I bought one once to test, as I am a fan of the boars.

I did not like it at all. Far too stiff and springy for face lathering. Might work for a bowl latherer who then just paints on the lather without working it on the face.

I think I gave mine away as part of a PIF, with a warning to the new owner!

I did not like it at all. Far too stiff and springy for face lathering. Might work for a bowl latherer who then just paints on the lather without working it on the face.

Well as local predator of shave stuff sell entry level Omegas around $7.00, let say if you just need tool, not fancy, the Omega is a Best Buy, plus you can pickup locally.

Think a Seven Dollar Brush will be grail, it will not but it is a starter brush, some owner glove, and never move away from.

Reactions: Kix
One of the well known vendors accidentally sent me two S10049 brushes. I found them to function well, but I'm not a brush aficionado. Some people would be embarrassed to admit even owning an S brush!😂

Gave mine to my wife. She uses it when we use the clippers on my hair. Didn’t like it to shave at all.

I have an Omega S and am not embarrassed to admit it :) It is a bit springy as Goblin mentioned above. I usually use it for face lathering with Arko. It takes a second or two to get it to work but it does work. My Simpson Trafalgar works better though.

Would I buy another? Probably not.

S.jpg

Think Omega does price point Synthetic about 19-20 bucks.

Option 2 would be Yaki Blem or Second 7-9 Bucks, bough one it is worth the money, and after looking for Blemish, it was very minor.

Personally I think the S brush is a decent thing. If you want to go all in on synthetic brushes, they are perfect for the faux boar brush. I've got 2 and both are used as regularly as my other brushes.

Think Omega does price point Synthetic about 19-20 bucks.

Option 2 would be Yaki Blem or Second 7-9 Bucks, bough one it is worth the money, and after looking for Blemish, it was very minor.
Last time I checked the price of the S10049 it was about $10.

Altho I do not own any of their synths I have used an Omega 637 for years. The brush is fine but I have found that I prefer larger handles and find the 637 a little harder to deal with when shaving. It is, however, still in regular use along with my Semogue OC that I much prefer.

Got the omega s10108 and for such a big loft it has very high backbone, but it still splays completely. For a synthetic boar that is cheap it's not bad. It's somewhat softer and less scrub than a nice boar. I would prefer my other nicer scrubbier synthetics or a real boar tbh. I hear the s10018 or 10019 might have less backbone, but I have never tried them. I think that might make them a little too soft imo, but might be perfect for someone else.

Top Bottom